• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I am amazed at this Golden Habanero

Bought the seeds from Pepper Joe's in the spring and this plant has went nuts.
I counted over 50 peppers on it and I have already picked 4 or 5.

Photo1465_zpsef85adfe.jpg

that is a nice plant is it called goldeh hab ? or is it a mustard hab or what, what is he flavor and heat like, so far the best hab i have tasted was a chocolate or Jamaican choc, awesome flavor nice deep heat saved seeds congrats on the productive plant,

that is a nice plant is it called goldeh hab ? or is it a mustard hab or what, what is he flavor and heat like, so far the best hab i have tasted was a chocolate or Jamaican choc, awesome flavor nice deep heat saved seeds congrats on the productive plant,

Yes it is called a Golden Habanero and it is hotter than a regular Habanero but not quite as hot as a Red Carribean Habanero.

I use worm casting tea and it does wonders on my hab plants..

I have not used worm casting by themselves before but I do know they are a great soil amendment. One of the absolute best amendments at that.
In fact I would go so far as to say they are arguably the greatest natural amendment that one could give their plants.

PS I have had a worm bin since July so I am waiting to harvest some and try out but I may have to wait till next season as this season is coming to a close.

It's a DIY.

My bins are outside in the shade so I don't ventilate the lid. I drill holes near the top on the sides of the bucket. In the tote worm bins I use cardboard as the bedding. In my refrigerator worm beds I use leaf mold as the bedding. I use rabbit manure and table scraps as the main food source. If you don't watch out your worm bed will turn to many worm beds before you know it!!

My bins are outside in the shade so I don't ventilate the lid. I drill holes near the top on the sides of the bucket. In the tote worm bins I use cardboard as the bedding. In my refrigerator worm beds I use leaf mold as the bedding. I use rabbit manure and table scraps as the main food source. If you don't watch out your worm bed will turn to many worm beds before you know it!!

Mine is in the garage and it has done well so far. I made this after reading a book on vermicomposting and the woman author recommended a screened lid like this to keep out fruit flies, etc. as well as not allowing worms a way out. I feed them coffee grounds, egg shells and food scraps.
The bedding is entirely shredded newspaper that I put through a paper shredder and the bottom of the bin does not get very wet as some might think since there are no air holes in the bottom. It's pretty big but I would imagine in several months I will need a second one.

A bin can be split every three months. So one bin can turn to 16 in a years time. That's why I have two refrigerator beds, several totes and a 8 by 8 foot compost corral. I sell worms out to local fishermen and feed them to my chickens sometimes. At the beginning of spring I will have 100s of gallons of castings to till into my garden. And throughout the spring and summer, I have plenty of castings to apply to the soil around the stalks of my peppers and to brew the usual weekly worm tea. I'm at a point where I don't have to worry about doubling the worm population anymore.

Wow thats a lot of worms!

I just got my first worm farm two months ago. It only has one tray though so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get the castings out and leave the worms in? I've seen the ones with layered trays and the worms go up to where the food is and leave a tray full of castings but this is just one tray with holes for liquid to drain away. I've already given my plants one dose of juice. :)

That hab plant is loaded, forget the bell peppers for stuffing few of yours look big enough for that.
Nice idea with the worm bin i like how you made the opening with the screen large enough to allow air and light in so they do not escape, that's where i messed up i didn't make the opening for air/light and some of mine managed to wiggle there way out under the lid.
I like your design and think i will give it a shot.

I do not think that is a Golden habanero, looks like a cross. I also have seeds from Pepper Joe and here are what mine look like...

post-7027-0-49389300-1346434631.jpg

You have a great looking plant regardless!

Well Pepper Joe must be selling seeds that are not what he claims then. I am going to look for another source of pepper seeds as I grow so few.
Maybe someone on here could sell me some next season.

100_0491.jpg

My Habs are certainly amazing this year.

Those are amazing! Must be the weather you all have down south.

I am not knocking Pepper Joe, I bought a bunch of seeds from him. If you let him know he will take care of you. I have a few things that are crosses for sure. One of my giant bhut jolokia plants produces yellow pods and they are awesome! Sometimes I do not mind a new strain or funky cross but there are times it drives me crazy. Just reach out to him and show him the picture you posted.

Good luck and happy growing.

You can have some seeds from my Golden habanero but mind you they are OP so you may end up with a Golden Naga Scorpion. :onfire:

Back