• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

I can't stop growing things!

I can't stop buying new plants. If I go to Bunnings (big retail chain of hardware + garden) to buy something like a new drill bit or plant labels, I nearly always come home with a new plant.

Here's what I'm currently growing in my front yard:

- 1 x Blueberry
- 1 x Raspberry
- 1 x Blackcurrant
- 2 x Potatoes
- 2 x Double grated Peach + Nectarine
- 7 x Mini Broccoli
- 1 x Meyer Lemon
- 20+ x Strawberry
- 3 x Frangipani

Soon to be delivered
- 1 x Blue Java Banana
- 1 x Dwarf Ducasse Banana

Hopefully soon to be purchased
- A few coffee arabcia
- More lemons
- Some limes

Every single one of the above is or will be in pots. The garden beds I built this year is purely for growing chillies, but if I ever do move house, I'll be sure to build some new garden beds for different types of plants as well.

So what else can I grow that would be suited to a Mediterranean type climate?

The entire membership agree, that's what we do, we grow things, yes for some, the focus is on hot peppers but some of us grow lots and lots of things.... including bugs!
Our time on this planet is short, but our existant is in growing and nurturing for our personal benefit.........

Keep growing, its additive,
Mark

same here! can't stop finding more stuff to grow! =D it's insane. good thing i have space for them, for the moment. lol.

same here! it became my obsession. :D almost every week end I set up batches of seeds to germinate. I do to test on different germinating mediums.. Then I just give them away when are big enough for transplant. lucky neighbors...

:lol:

I know that urge all too well! Damn Bunnings!

Don't go past the plants, don't go past the plants, don't go past the....... Oooooh strawberries!!!

I think I have sown almost as many tomato seeds since June 1 and I did from March 1-30! Tried another five, this time Biltmore, yesterday.

Mike

The entire membership agree, that's what we do, we grow things, yes for some, the focus is on hot peppers but some of us grow lots and lots of things.... including bugs!
Our time on this planet is short, but our existant is in growing and nurturing for our personal benefit.........

Keep growing, its additive,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Big thing to there are lots of enablers floating around the net.Like garden forums and there are them evil seed companies and Ebay.I have over 100 varieties of tomatoes and I believe some 50 or so peppers hot and sweet and 15 pumpkin /winter squash varieties.But I have had fun growing it all. :cool:

Kevin

Back