• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping I found the most unexpected thing at the grocery store today..

Awesome?

• YEAH!!!

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Nothing special..

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I am totally speechless.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
So my friend and I met up after school to go eat Jamaican food, and we were in the mood for some extreme heat. Being hardcore chileheads, we felt that the restaurant-made sauce was not enough (we can eat habaneros whole and not flinch), so we went to this nearby fruit/veggie market and bought a pack that had a random mix of about a dozen Chinense type peppers (Scotch Bonnets, Habaneros, etc). Afterwards, we went to the Jamaican spot and ordered a chicken curry and some beef patties, then unwrapped the package and rinsed the peppers in the washroom. A nearby table of Asian girls giggled at us when they saw the huge pile of peppers, most likely because they thought we were freakin' stupid. Once the food was served, we ran through the pack of peppers like nothing, getting stares and voices of confusion and shock coming from every direction. Then I pulled out a yellow surprise, something I did NOT expect, and something I was very happy to see...

:?:

A MALAYSIAN GORONONG!!!!

I fell in love with this hot pepper when I first noticed it on a website, and it seems this variety of Chinense pepper is quite uncommon - an obscurity among chileheads. To have found it randomly packaged with Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets was a dream come true for me, and now I no longer have to go through the hassle of ordering it from somewhere, hahaha!

PICS:
mgoronong1.jpg

mgoronong2.jpg

mgoronong3.jpg

^It looks plump in the webcam pics, but it is rather "flat" for a pepper, if you can understand what I mean by that.

Website for reference/information:
http://refiningfirechiles.com/gorononggallery.html

Can't wait to grow these in 2012!! :woohoo: :onfire: :dance:

Back