I got a gopher...

...or, maybe a mole.  So, I bought this battery-operated spike by Bonide, that supposedly emits some sort of distress signal that drives gophers and moles away.  Any reviews on this device by way of personal experience?

Didn't work for my parents.
Never heard of any of the noise making devices working very well,if at all by anyone who I know that have tried them.

i have 2 sonic rodent repellent devices in my 24' X 22" garage, i haven't had a mouse in several years..... that is why i installed them, mice over running my garage. i keep a baited mouse trap in the garage as well, just in case 1 slips by but it hasn't gone off in years. 

i saw solar powered ones, making them portable(mine plug into the wall). they are suppose to be good for voles, moles, gophers and other rodents but i would questioned anything solar other than LED lights. the solar units have mixed reviews.

Burning Colon said:
i have 2 sonic rodent repellent devices in my 24' X 22" garage, i haven't had a mouse in several years..... that is why i installed them, mice over running my garage. i keep a baited mouse trap in the garage as well, just in case 1 slips by but it hasn't gone off in years. 

i saw solar powered ones, making them portable(mine plug into the wall). they are suppose to be good for voles, moles, gophers and other rodents but i would questioned anything solar other than LED lights. the solar units have mixed reviews.

Yeah, I have plug-in repellant devices in my garage and basement, as well.  No vermin in years.  But, I think this outdoor spike works on a different principle, i.e., emitting a distress signal.  I laughed when I first heard the actual distress signal.  Very cartoon-ish.  Oh well, Bonide gives a 100% money back guarantee.

My 2 cats bring in all kinds of presents, and they don't need to be plugged into the wall.

Though, sometimes I want to anyway.

Back