food I got a Mortar abd Pestle... Now?

What should i start with? i got it for gring small batches of dried pods. I know i will be making some garlic, basil, and maybe a lil fresh pod, and incorperate into some softened butter for a garlic bread kinda spread.. So what say ya'll?

A molcajete and tejolote is an essential tool for making Mexican food. Good for grinding spices and seeds or making salsas, moles, pastes, and guacamole. Por ejemplo:

Pastes, salsas, etc. made with a molcajete have a different texture that you don't get from a blender.

AB I like that idea, but since i only speak Spanish in French, it was kinda hard to understand... But i think I got it, although mine isn't as large, but big enough to try. I I guess I can always find a larger one later...

AB I like that idea, but since i only speak Spanish in French, it was kinda hard to understand... But i think I got it, although mine isn't as large, but big enough to try. I I guess I can always find a larger one later...
You didn't miss anything, the video is pretty self-explanitory.

It's all roasted up, and ready to be mashed... I have a friend soming over so i will have his son do it, i'm sure he will think it's cool. i'm just lucky i can get seranos and other prppers for 69 c a lb. they even had some red seranos, so a couple red and some green, I'll try and get some pics...

Well I dodn't get pics, but that stuff was awsome...Everyone gobbled it up, so i am goin to pic up some more tomatoes today. I must say it was like i get at the good mexican resturants... might even try one with tomatillas cuz i love a good green sauce too.

Why not some................ Jamaican Allspice, Brown Mustard Seed, Cumin Seed, Coriander, Grains of Pardise, Black Pepper, Sea Salt......pulverize with the pestle add to your blended ingredients ( of your choice) and make a "Jerk" paste

Greg

Back