• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I have 3 plants to a pot

HotPeppas

Banned
Growing at a steady rate. But should i remove 2 and leave 1... or just leave them... any help thanks!

Habanero
2012-06-03_10-29-50_178.jpg

This is labeled as a red chili... waiting on pods to id
2012-06-03_10-30-08_441.jpg

Jalapeno
2012-06-03_10-29-56_755.jpg

well how big are the pots? i had 3 plants that frew little pods in the same pot that did just fine, i do not have any experience with larger pepper plants in the same pot as i keep mine 1 per pot. BUT at the size yours are i would not suggest trying to separate them as the root system are already prbably tangled like a mofo and you may kill all three! so leave them and see what happens, this way you know what will happen with multiple plants in the same pot

Yeah i regret doing this...

Is it to late to chop 2 and leave one?

Could do it but even then the dead roots from the 2 chopped might end up causing problems as they rot ! -- Could try repotting all 3 into one larger pot (say a 10 -15 gallon pot) - that would give them more room for growth and still keep the root ball intact.

How the heck do i seperate 3 plants in 3 gallons of soil?

Sounds like id tear apart a lot of roots attempting this. Id put them in 5 gal. 10 gal doesnt fit my soil budget :P

Wait nvm... read your responce wrong. Yeah i could do that but id rather not spend anymore dough. Ive dished out a fair share

Back