• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

i have a problem

i have 4 plants all carribean reds and they each have around 30 to 50 pods each various diff sizes but my issue is it is about to get cold here starting this week.the temps will be in the mid and lower 40's and all of my peppers are still green dam it.so if i put my plants indoors they will only get around 2 hours of sunlight will this be enough to let them finish rippening or should i just pick them green?

Well you could bring them in at night and outside for the day. That should by you some time. And or the two hours of light should be enough to at least ripen the babies off.

I like to leave my plants out in the mid 40's and they figure out it is getting cold and seem to hurry up ripening. That is just my experience. If your pods are still small I don't think it will work the same way or make them grow any faster. If they are already full size, then they should be ok. Try it both ways, bring in a few leave and leave a few outside.

+1 Beaglestorm and waywright.
Set up a rope or clothesline or something if you want and when the first frost (32 degrees or lower) is predicted, ripped them out and hang them on the line. Once out of the ground the frost won't effect the pods, in my experience.

Edit: And the pods will still continue to ripen while hanging even if a frost.

Back