• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I have some 2 years old plants, what do you think?

You can see here all the videos that I made, do you have any advice? I think it might be calcium deficiency:

About fertilizer, I gave them every two weeks, N 7%, P2O5 5%,  K2O 6%, amino acids 0.1%, Iron 0.02%, Manganese 0.01%, Zinc 0.0015%, Copper 0.0008%, Cobalt 0.001%, Boron 0.04%

Many thanks!

Chilidude said:
Are you feeding them with anything?
I give them every two weeks, N 7%, P2O5 5%,  K2O 6%, amino acids 0.1%, Iron 0.02%, Manganese 0.01%, Zinc 0.0015%, Copper 0.0008%, Cobalt 0.001%, Boron 0.04%

I think you are starving them. I feed and/or foliar feed 3 to 4 times a week. And dose with compost tea two to three times a month.

CAPCOM said:
I think you are starving them. I feed and/or foliar feed 3 to 4 times a week. And dose with compost tea two to three times a month.
Thanks,
I will try to give them more fertilizer.

CAPCOM said:
Starving, really?

I feed once every week or so (with an alternation of CNS17 grow and Alaska Fish), and my plants absolutely thrive...

7-5-6 might be a bit light for every 2 weeks. A lot depends on your watering needs, rain fall and growing medium. I pretty much have to feed weekly or supplement with a dry product like fish/kelp pellets monthly.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
7-5-6 might be a bit light for every 2 weeks. A lot depends on your watering needs, rain fall and growing medium. I pretty much have to feed weekly or supplement with a dry product like fish/kelp pellets monthly.
I feed 3-1-2 and 5-1-1, so I'm not sure that I'd agree with that.

Solubility is the determining factor, not absolute NPK values.

Ive used the same 2 products weekly and for the amount i must water its a little light. Mixing them to yield 8-2-3 works fine though but im testing out the MegaCrop atm and my plants sure seem to like it.
MClowres.png

solid7 said:
Starving, really?

I feed once every week or so (with an alternation of CNS17 grow and Alaska Fish), and my plants absolutely thrive...

Just my opinion based on what little info that was provided. They definitely do not look like they are thriving. 

oren_a said:
Thanks,
I will try to give them more fertilizer.

I didn't say feed more fertilizers. I stated they looked to be starving. That just means it don't look like they are using what you are giving. More nuts could have even worse consiquences then you have now.

I feed mine once a week; Alaska fish 5-1-1 and GS seaweed 0.3-0.0-0.6.

However, I did amend the soil about a month before plant-out with blood meal, bone meal, crab meal, humic acid, worm castings, seaweed meal, and a fertilizer/mycorrhizal blend. I had also dumped ashes from our wood-burning stove on the raised bed throughout the winter.

Once the plants are established, but before they really starting flowering, I give them a thorough foliar spray once with Epsom salt solution.

It seems to be working fairly well.

CAPCOM said:
Just my opinion based on what little info that was provided. They definitely do not look like they are thriving.
For what it's worth, I was a bit startled by your answer... Not attacking.

It seems that I am the odd man out in the way that I feed my plants.

solid7 said:
For what it's worth, I was a bit startled by your answer... Not attacking.

It seems that I am the odd man out in the way that I feed my plants.
Not really and by no means. there is no one best way for everyone. What I am doing now has turned my grow around. And I am sure some of my methods on getting there would raise some eyebrows.

CAPCOM said:
Not really and by no means. there is no one best way for everyone. What I am doing now has turned my grow around. And I am sure some of my methods on getting there would raise some eyebrows.
No, that's certainly true. But honestly, man, if you get the chance, you might want to try a side by side grow, with different feed rates, and see what happens. That's a lot of nutrients! LOL

CAPCOM said:

I didn't say feed more fertilizers. I stated they looked to be starving. That just means it don't look like they are using what you are giving. More nuts could have even worse consiquences then you have now.
I think plants are like us on strict diets. If you crave a hamburger after a week of just eating salads and fruits; the hamburger is your bodies way of saying it needs protein.

My two cents. No science behind this just years of dieting to make weight for my semi annual H/W test in the Marime Corps.

Elpicante said:
I think plants are like us on strict diets. If you crave a hamburger after a week of just eating salads and fruits; the hamburger is your bodies way of saying it needs protein.

My two cents. No science behind this just years of dieting to make weight for my semi annual H/W test in the Marime Corps.
No, it's like this. You can eat anything you want and as much of it that you want as long as it is healthy. Now, it does you absolutely no good if you lack gut bacteria to break it down so your body can use it. That was my whole mlm point.

My point is that regardless of what you forced forced feeding your plants they are only going to use what they need the post to thrive. All the rest it not used by the plant or worse plants start burning up from saturation of nutes. Again no science just observation. You feed your body crap like Carls Jr or Mickey D's and softdrinks with no room for steak and potatoes or no healthy food or water you get a weak body that does not perform well in combat. You feed your body a combo of healthy fats, proteins and carbs along with other nutrients and plenty of water and you have a war machine.

2 year old yellow reaper looking very sad.  Never really took off this year probably has old man syndrome.

01840c942ca1c39094c98ec489a3bf4256c2280da0.jpg

Back