• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I hope I didnt kill them...

Well, it is snowing like a motha outside, no work tomorrow, beer in the fridge (well there was LOL) and I got the gardening itch. I took my 5 Caribbean Reds, 3 Ancient Sweets and 3 Red Cayennes and did a little repotting. I pinched off the origional leaves and planted them about 1/4" under the true leaves. I also mixed in more peat, bottom watered them and they arent showing any signs of shock, we will see if they are alive tomorrow...

I think he meant that he got rid of the first set of true leaves and sunk the stem into the ground about a quarter of an inch below where the true leaves previously were.

please correct me if i am wrong Matt and good luck.

Although reading this again it appears that these might have been overwintered plants that he pulled all the leaves off and then did what i said ^up thar^.

:confused:

LOL Sorry guys, damn beer! I confused myself when I read that again. What I did was pinched off the cotyledons and buried them upto where the cotyledons were at. Sorry I need to restrain myself from posting when I drink. But I did peak at them a little bit ago, nobody seems to have suffered any transplant shock so we are good. And it is STILL snowing, been snowing since Sunday afternoon!!!

Should be good mate, like tomato plants chillis can throw roots from the stem as i assume you already know. Also remember that NOT posting drunk here on occasion is a crime and will be met with the full force of the law. :rofl:

Back