• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I lost almost everything

in the hurricane and ensuing and continuing floods from the Passaic River. My home, many possessions, garden, and my girlfriend I think just left me too.

You have my sympathy and prayers. If she was a true woman she wouldn't have left because of this kind of disaster.
Hope things work out in the long run for you.

Sorry to hear bro. That's a tuff run. Frack, it's a damned country song. I would say it's darkest before the dawn and stuff like that but who knows. Life is a fickle beeyotch. At least you've still got your health and she didn't chop of your wang when she left? It can always be worse and it can always be better. I bet the next couple months are gonna register on the "better" side for you. Take a deep breath, have a drink, and then go kick some booty.

Edited for profanity.

Hang in there, man. At least you're still breathing. Every day that you wake up is a good one. Everything, except for life, can be replaced.

Thanks for all the prayers and sympathies. The girlfriend came to her senses she was distraught and had too much to drink.

I hate to ask this in light of all I lost and others lost, but you can't eat peppers from plants that were inundated with class 3 polluted river water, can you?

I hate to ask this in light of all I lost and others lost, but you can't eat peppers from plants that were inundated with class 3 polluted river water, can you?

After seeing the test results of what was in the water in the Brisbane floods - I would even think about eating them.

One day when your with the most amazing women ever you will look back and say to yourself , see there was a reason she left me ,so i could find somone even better .
and who knows mrs right might be a chilli freak like yourself .

One day when your with the most amazing women ever you will look back and say to yourself , see there was a reason she left me ,so i could find somone even better .
and who knows mrs right might be a chilli freak like yourself .

My girlfriend is cool, but she's a bit anxious and she was drinking that night. The next morning she was fine, so it wasn't what I thought it was. Just a lot of stress built up. She's still a million times greater in every way than my ex wife, who was an old cheating battleax... ;-)

If she does ever leave me it's her loss because I am a great guy who's as "sound as a Pound", even if carrying too many pounds. lol

After seeing the test results of what was in the water in the Brisbane floods - I would even think about eating them.

The Passaic river in New Jersey (US) is pretty bad... Damn. My pepper plants had so many green pods I shoulda just picked and so many flowers. I hope I can retrieve the potted bhuts and at least flush them with pure water.

I wonder - HEAR ME ON THIS FELLAS - can I go back and dig out some of the plants and pot them with fresh dirt and flush them? How many heavy metals can the plants have taken in in just a few days?

Hate to hear this worlok, prayers on the way.

If it was my decision to make concerning the peppers it would be a tough one. After all the blood sweat and tears involved in getting them this far I would want to save them. In fact I would do everything I could to get them back and growing. Then I would wait to see what the professionals are saying about it. I have no doubt that someone who knows will tell the public if they can eat what was growing in their gardens. You could even try your county extension or a local master gardener.

Good luck to you man.

"go back and dig out some of the plants and pot them with fresh dirt and flush them?"

as soon as you can get to them assess the situation, you need to salvage all you can

from the flood and rebuild (again)we are all hoping things soon can and will turn in your favor

it seems you have been getting dealt deuce seven hand after hand,

but eventually you should get a good hand if you keep persistant(sp.?) and stay in the game

:eek:

Back