• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I need a new job.....

DevilDuck said:
As many of you know, I teach driver's ed for a paycheck these days....

Last night makes me want to reevaluate things.

I had this Cuban immigrant who thinks she's a good driver and won't listen to a damn thing any instructor has to tell her. She constantly runs stop signs, red lights, dive bombs other lanes, you name it...she does it. Then she says, "Put I'mba goot driber, no? I'mba doink goot!"

The bitch almost killed me last night.

So, here we are.... Last lesson: Highway Driving
icon_arrowl.gif
big hint

HER: "I'mba nebber driben on da highway berfoea."
ME: "You'll do fine. It's just like a big street, but a little faster, and no red lights."

She get's in the driver's seat and crosses herself... "Jeebuz watch ober me." I just roll my eyes and tell her to fire it up.

She actually did better than normal on the city streets, and I was pretty impressed with the fact she was following the rules of the road. We even got on the highway (I-25) ok... a little slow, but ok.

We finally make it up to 60mph (in a 65) and she starts slowing down. I look over and we're doing 35. "Ummmm, we gotta go a little faster than this." So we get up to 55 and stay there.

Here's where things go terribly wrong.

We're approaching a merge lane and an SUV starts coming over with no turn signal. Just as I was going to tell her to let off the gas to let this guy in. BAM!!! She locks up all 4 tires and we go spinning off to the left. I grab the wheel and try to get us pointed in the right direction... "WHAT THE $%^& ARE YOU DOING?!?! GET THIS CAR GOING NOW!!!!"

I look through the driver's side window and see a ton of cars locking up their brakes and swerving... so I went limp and thought "This is gunna hurt... a lot." After about two seconds, and no impact, I pointed the wheel in the right direction... "HIT THE GAS!!"

"JOO DON'T EBER JELL AT ME! JOO MAKE ME NERBOUS!"

"I tend to yell when I'm about to die. Now get over to the right lane and take the next exit. You fail."

Lock up #2

"If you don't move this mother &^%$ing car RIGHT NOW we will both die. MOVE THE CAR!!!"

**boohoo** "Joo made me NERBOUS. Joo no need to jell at me like dat."

"Turn right, get this damn car off the road. We're going back to the school. We're finished."

"I tol joo I'mba nebber been on da highway beforea"

"I have had a lot of other students that have never been on the highway, and NONE of them have almost killed me."

So, I made her drive all the way back to the school listening to her bitch about me yelling, and how she has never driven on the highway....

Then when we finally get back to the school, she runs and tells me boss that I yelled at her for no reason!!!!!

After she left the bossman and I have a little discussion. He made a note in her file. "Any damages or repair need to the silver '08 Cobalt will be charged to (student). No further driving driving instruction will be allowed."

Then I came home and had a few frosty adult beverages.

And SHE'S why I want/NEED sidewinder missiles attached to my Tahoe! Drivers like her and truck drivers!

Driving pet peeves:
drivers merging on interstate @ 35mph (even with a 1 mile merge lane)
truckers in the left lane
slow drivers in the left lane
women drivers
Asian drivers
old drivers
old Asian women drivers
any other driver within a 50 mile radius of me!

GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!

cajunheat said:
And SHE'S why I want/NEED sidewinder missiles attached to my Tahoe! Drivers like her and truck drivers!

Driving pet peeves:
drivers merging on interstate @ 35mph (even with a 1 mile merge lane)
truckers in the left lane
slow drivers in the left lane
women drivers
Asian drivers
old drivers
old Asian women drivers
any other driver within a 50 mile radius of me!

GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!

You forgot one of mine......people who put their blinker on for their exit at the county f**kin line.

you should came teach driving over here because learner drivers ain't allowed on the motorway (freeway) you can take lesson on motorway driving after you pass your test, but it's not a legal requirement.
Pet hate drivers who constantly sit in the middle lane when they should be in the empty inside lane (that one hate of many, too many to list don't get me started!)

Davetaylor said:
you should came teach driving over here because learner drivers ain't allowed on the motorway (freeway) you can take lesson on motorway driving after you pass your test, but it's not a legal requirement.
Pet hate drivers who constantly sit in the middle lane when they should be in the empty inside lane (that one hate of many, too many to list don't get me started!)

For me it's people that don't indicate and the ones that don't realise that they actually have a third gear in their car.

I forgot to add this one yesterday, but thankfully a courteous driver reminded me on my way home.

drivers who do not know the meaning of YIELD!!!!

yield does NOT mean STOP!

And how about another one thats a law up north but isn't down here......And it's one that just seems to be common courtesy to me......pass left, drive right

Sickmont said:
And how about another one thats a law up north but isn't down here......And it's one that just seems to be common courtesy to me......pass left, drive right

Or at the very least, get your plodding ass out of the left lane so those of us who recognize what the acceleration pedal is don't have to try and pass on the right.

cajunheat said:
I forgot to add this one yesterday, but thankfully a courteous driver reminded me on my way home.

drivers who do not know the meaning of YIELD!!!!

yield does NOT mean STOP!

Um.... It does if there are cars coming.

DevilDuck said:
Um.... It does if there are cars coming.

yeah, but I was referring to a yield sign when the person doing the yielding has a lane in which to travel prior to yielding/merging with traffic much like merging with traffic on interstate.

Ah... It's a case of "didn't read the damn sign that says there's a lane for merging traffic".

I'm all for legalizing paint ball cannons under bumpers.

Back