• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help I need a recipe!!!!! or ideas!!

I have about 3 pounds of Bhut Jolokia peppers left in the freezer. I want to make a sauce that has mostly the Bhut's. Most recipe Ideas I have been finding on the net has "add 1 or 2 bhut's" I got a few pounds to get rid of not 1 or 2 pods...lol....I've always made hot sauces with Habaneros and Jalepenos. Can I just sub the Bhut's instead of the Habs? I know it will quite a bit hotter but hey it's supposed to be hot sauce. I have my habanero hot sauce that is like an Island Sauce (tropical fruits) you guys think that will work with the flavor of the Bhut's?? No I am not looking for a recipe to sell as my own....when we moved I lost my big stand up freezer (no space for it) so I have to use up my peppers so my tiny freezer has room for food.lol I want to make a gallon or 2 to use them all up at once. I will hot pack the sauce so no fermenting...just something with a good flavor that will compliment the bhut's!

Thanks

What ^ said-

ok thats what I'll do....I will use my tropical hot sauce recipe and instead of useing a pound of Habs I'll throw in 1 pound of Bhut's! that ought light it up pretty good!!! Although I do feel bad for the other people that live in our apartment building!!!! I'm gonna gas them all!!! lol

my favorite thing to do w/ bhuts is take 1lb of fresh bhuts, slice them in half roast them in the oven for 10 minutes w/ 1 onion quartered, 8 cloves of garlic quartered, then add1/2 cup white or rice vinegar, 1/4 water, 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp corriander, 1/4 tsp cumin, and a bunch of cilantro stems removed put all in the blander and puree. strain the seeds if u want, but u dont have to, this is a beautiful condiment to add to most anything, chicken fish, pork, beef ribs pizza,eggs, stews, chili whatever, if u have several pounds why not try one this way, I will not lie to you it is HOT, but delicious and keep the natural flavor of the bhuts!

Back