• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I need help

i dunno whats wrong with my plant can somebody tell me please
IMG_1396.jpg

A picture of the entire plant would help. Also what is it, what are you feeding it, how often, what is it growing in?

this my poblano

2012-03-21181553.jpg

i only use slow release fert 16-16-16
ive only feed it once
i use MG potting mix
only the top leafs is like that
even the new sprouts of leafs is becoming like that also

Don't know if this will help:

http://www.hgic.umd.edu/_media/documents/hg57_000.pdf

This is a snip from that page. Might be a place to start looking:

Fusarium wilt Slow yellowing of foliage; wilting of upper leaves

Good luck!

Hmm, might be some kind of pest. Have you checked for pests?
now come to think of it i get holes on my plants even my herbs have holes,but the picture above only shows the new growth leafs curls like that,so i really dont know if pest or something i did that made them like that :(

im gonna spray azamax tommorow

Don't know if this will help:

http://www.hgic.umd....ts/hg57_000.pdf

This is a snip from that page. Might be a place to start looking:

Fusarium wilt Slow yellowing of foliage; wilting of upper leaves

Good luck!

i just finish reading the whole thing i still dont know whats the cause of my leafs to be like that :(

Maybe there are two problems. The new growth being affected sounds like a nutrient issue. Have tried anything new with nutrients or anything else before it started doing this?

Maybe there are two problems. The new growth being affected sounds like a nutrient issue. Have tried anything new with nutrients or anything else before it started doing this?

nothing really, i just put my slow release ferts, i think i did something wrong because i put the slow ferts around the stem, and my dad told me thats not how to put the slow release ferts should be scattered around the soil...
and i used the azamax like 2months ago and the pests went gone, so i dont know if they came back, and the rest of my plants is not showing signs like the one in the picture yet

nothing really, i just put my slow release ferts, i think i did something wrong because i put the slow ferts around the stem, and my dad told me thats not how to put the slow release ferts should be scattered around the soil...
and i used the azamax like 2months ago and the pests went gone, so i dont know if they came back, and the rest of my plants is not showing signs like the one in the picture yet

Putting the slow release fertilizer around the stem could be the cause. It could get too concentrated in one area. Also a lot of fertilizer could get released if you water a lot. What is your watering schedule like?

Putting the slow release fertilizer around the stem could be the cause. It could get too concentrated in one area. Also a lot of fertilizer could get released if you water a lot. What is your watering schedule like?

i water when its needed thats about it, because hawaii has a crazy schedule for sunlight, so mostly all my potted plants gets dry fast, sometimes i have to water everyday and sometimes every 3 or 4 days

i water when its needed thats about it, because hawaii has a crazy schedule for sunlight, so mostly all my potted plants gets dry fast, sometimes i have to water everyday and sometimes every 3 or 4 days

When they start to dry out do you stick your finger in the soil to see if it's moist? The top of the soil can be dry while the soil underneath is damp. Peppers hate too much water. If that's the case, try watering less and checking the soil with your fingers before you do to see if it starts recovering. It could just be overwatering.

When they start to dry out do you stick your finger in the soil to see if it's moist? The top of the soil can be dry while the soil underneath is damp. Peppers hate too much water. If that's the case, try watering less and checking the soil with your fingers before you do to see if it starts recovering. It could just be overwatering.
ok ill keep that in mind, i just carry them and check if there light, and thats when i water them,

i used the azamax like 2months ago and the pests went gone, so i dont know if they came back, and the rest of my plants is not showing signs like the one in the picture yet

It might be a good idea to isolate that one plant if it's the only one affected. That way if it is a disease or pest, the rest of the plants will be okay. You can also take a couple of leaves to your local county extension agent for help with local pests and diseases to watch for.

It might be a good idea to isolate that one plant if it's the only one affected. That way if it is a disease or pest, the rest of the plants will be okay. You can also take a couple of leaves to your local county extension agent for help with local pests and diseases to watch for.

Yeah, it's a good idea to isolate the plant. I have an early Jalapeno being isolated because some kind of bug has turned its leaves into Swiss cheese! That happened the day I brought it outside, lol. I can't see the pests to identify them and hoping they left. Fortunately I have backup plants of each variety. The local nursery here tests your soil for free. If you don't have a soil tester, you might be able to go to a local nursery for soil testing. It's possible it could be a virus but I don't want to scare pinoypride83. I think a virus is unlikely, but as a precaution isolating the plant is a good idea, especially when there have been pests.

Yeah, it's a good idea to isolate the plant. I have an early Jalapeno being isolated because some kind of bug has turned its leaves into Swiss cheese! That happened the day I brought it outside, lol. I can't see the pests to identify them and hoping they left. Fortunately I have backup plants of each variety. The local nursery here tests your soil for free. If you don't have a soil tester, you might be able to go to a local nursery for soil testing. It's possible it could be a virus but I don't want to scare pinoypride83. I think a virus is unlikely, but as a precaution isolating the plant is a good idea, especially when there have been pests.

ok ill do that, i hope its not a virus, the closest local nursery close to our house is like 70 to 80miles :(...my dads plants is doing fine on the ground and it doesn't show signs like mine, the only pests we got before is the mealy bug, and those stupid slugs, they only show up when its a rainy day here

ill put the infected plants on the other side of the house before i leave for 4days not coming back till monday, should i still spray azamax before i leave ???

Back