• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I Review The 7 Pot White - Extremely Painful

I had the same problems growing as you, the plant grows outward but I had the room to allow it to do so.  Also, I did have pods rotting early on but I simply bumped up the calcium at feeding and that went away, I think its a good chili though. 

I know there is alot of talk of people comparing it to the White Hab but it seems much hotter to me. 

George looks like that one gave you a pretty good beating. I didn't thing the whites were typically that hot. You took it like a trooper.

I had two plants this past season that kicked ass. Great producers.
One of my favorites and will be growing again this year

Being an El nino year, we had a wetter season than usual, the white 7 took a beating. They are cool plants and the pods look great. I didn't like the way they scramble horizontally (given that I grow on a veranda) and how they were over sensitive.
The way they scramble horizontally also meant branches could snap when it rains, especially when heavy with pods. I had to put a lot of supports in.

I have a serious case of stage fright, and would be very nervous in a video. Your demeanour in these reviews is getting pretty good. I liked this review more than previous ones -- not because the pepper was much hotter than i could deal with, but because you were way cooler than i could have been.

I was in the Caribbean (where 7pots originated) nearly 50 years ago, and understood that the soil on many islands contain much coral/seashell remnants... thus the soil is effectively very rich in dolomite. Buzzman19 is likely right about the calcium.

I liked this review. It gave me a good idea of what this pepper tastes like. Informative. Thanks.

Back