• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense I Review The White Habanero

Nigel's lost son possibly? 

You said a huge amount of flavor. I would like to see you expand a little more when discussing the flavor. Other than that it was great review. Keep them coming!

While the one you had was somewhat ripe, they ripen more than that, to a less yellow color and pick up a bit more flavor in the process.

good review. 

I'm growing these and throw a handful in every SFRB. They are great for a little snack, wasn't expecting the big punch these guys give. it's mostly upfront on the tongue then it goes away in like 4 mins.

Interesting to know they ripen further. There's a bunch on my plant, I'll let them mature further. Cheers!

I've grown these for a few years, I like them because the plant stays fairly compact while getting loaded up with pods, so they're probably one of the easier varieties to keep producing through winter if you feel so inclined. I don't have any overwintered this year, but they mature pretty quickly so I haven't had any issue starting from seed.

I0zYtMP.jpg

The plants tend to have 2-4 pods per node, the pod shapes range from a slightly dimpled elongate pod to a nearly round, small berry-like pod. All of mine this year are something in between, but here's the difference between a couple plants to give you an idea.

qj7d9Ip.jpg

They do ripen to something closer to ivory-white the longer you leave them on the plant, but I think they're fine when they're a banana cream color.

Back