I test a fresh Yellow Moruga before I make papaya sauce

magicpepper said:
lol not bad, i couldnt do that! does the tomato juice help with the burn better then milk?
Yes, for me personally.  Milk has never done the trick for me, even water works better than milk for me.  Maybe everyone's different?  It's hard to say...try it!

oCaveman said:
How was the rest of the night?  That was a nice sized pod and I know from experience that Sicman has some hot pods.  Thanks for posting.
I don't really have bad after effects from any pepper later on unless they're in a vinegar based sauce or something, or if they're a Butch T.

Butch Ts absolutely hate me but I love them so much.

EDIT: I should clarify that most of the adverse effects I get are on the entry.

ikeepfish said:
Yes, for me personally.  Milk has never done the trick for me, even water works better than milk for me.  Maybe everyone's different?  It's hard to say...try it!
milk doesnt do anything for me either, and unfortunately i am highly allergic to tomato juice, well one of the preservatives in it, i cant even touch the stuff.
but i have never seen or heard of any one using tomato juice, so i thought i would ask, i usually put a spoon full of sugar in my mouth to dull the burn

hogleg said:
Badass Thanks for posting. Will you do any reviews on the Buddy bonus?
Yeah!  I could definitely do that!  Great idea
magicpepper said:
milk doesnt do anything for me either, and unfortunately i am highly allergic to tomato juice, well one of the preservatives in it, i cant even touch the stuff.
but i have never seen or heard of any one using tomato juice, so i thought i would ask, i usually put a spoon full of sugar in my mouth to dull the burn
Hm, if you're allergic to a preservative in it you could probably find a good organic juice to try?  I've never tried using sugar, how does that go?

ikeepfish said:
Yeah!  I could definitely do that!  Great idea

Hm, if you're allergic to a preservative in it you could probably find a good organic juice to try?  I've never tried using sugar, how does that go?

i have thought about it, but at the same time i am not really interested in sitting in the hospital if it is not a preservative, as for the sugar, its not to bad, if i remember correctly that is how they determine the shu of a pepper, they see how much sugar it takes to make a super hot as hot as  a bell pepper lol in my experience though sugar is not to bad, for me. honey works well for me also, just hold it in my mouth for a little bit

Definitely a Moruga. Love the flavor of the yellow. I drink Orange juice after a review. If I do get cramps later on then drinking fresh Orange juice seems to get rid of them really fast.   

Smokin James said:
Definitely a Moruga. Love the flavor of the yellow. I drink Orange juice after a review. If I do get cramps later on then drinking fresh Orange juice seems to get rid of them really fast.
I'm just not really sure because from what I can tell the two pepper. are either the same or crossed from the same. I'm not familiar enough with either because I have never grown them. I've got red morugas going this year and have seeds for yellow brains i just didnt get them going. Now i also have seeds for whatever these are. Orange juice seems like it would work but I get terrible heartburn from it as is.

Spicy Mushroom said:
Try coconut 'milk'. It's what we used to cool off the heat when I worked at a Thai restaurant. I think it works great.
haha that doesn't sound like it would be helpful on the exit XD

I've tried vanilla almond milk before for helping with the burn, I guess it worked *okay*

sicman said:
nice video. its a moruga. glad you are enjoying them.
Well I can add Yellow Morugas to the list of peppers that make me cry. :rofl: I'm gonna edit the video too. 

Great pepper!

Dude, nice review. I have to say I think in almost every super hot review I ever watched the reviewer almost always says that it tastes really fruity during the initial chomping and chewing just an observation I've made. I'm a hicuper.... Lol. I usually hicup too Haha man you got me wanting to order now

Dhfreak82 said:
Dude, nice review. I have to say I think in almost every super hot review I ever watched the reviewer almost always says that it tastes really fruity during the initial chomping and chewing just an observation I've made. I'm a hicuper.... Lol. I usually hicup too Haha man you got me wanting to order now
That pepper definitely has one of the most citrusy flavor profiles I've experienced of any pepper thus far.  I really prefer the more floral flavors myself like your  annuum Thai family... but this one might have made me a convert.  The only scorpion I had tried previous to this was a Butch T. and I think those are just brutal heat more than flavor...

The yellow Moruga also has a creeping burn of epic magnitudes, which nicely compliments its flavor.

a chinense that I'm looking forward to podding up for me that I'm growing is Murupi Amarela.  I'm also curious about how the Pimenta de Neyde tastes.

For those talking about how to kill the heat, I found that using atomic fireball candy works best. The little extra jolt makes my mouth decide "you know what, f*ck it" and go completely numb. Endorphin rush hits faster, rolling it around kinda feels like taking a breath does, but better, and the cinnamon does something to the capsciacin. The fact that it's mostly sugar doesn't hurt at all. Don't ask how I came across this though.

Back