I think I need the Epson bath

Looks to me like you have two separate issues going on.

Yellowing leaves: The most frequent reason for yellowing leaves is overwatering, be it from you or rain doesn't matter. Peppers like fairly dry conditions. If you are the one overwatering, try to wait until the leaves droop a tad between waterings. If it's rain and your plants are in the ground (ie, you can't move them), is there a way you can shelter them so they don't get so much rain? Some build frames and stretch out a tarp over them, for example. The other causes of yellowing, if they're not getting too much water, is either too much or too little nitrogen. Check your fertilizer numbers - peppers need more calcium once they get into production mode, not a lot of nitrogen. Since tomatoes and peppers are related, you can use a good tomato fertilizer on them, if what you have is more of an all-purpose fertilizer you'll want to find something else.

Crinkling leaves: Classic first sign of over-fertilizing. This may be a clue to the above, too. Back off on the ferts in total for a while, and don't mix stronger than what the label says when you do return to fertilizing. Keep in mind that if you are mixing your ferts according to the directions, you shouldn't be using them every watering. Some people mix at quarter or half strength and use them every watering, but not full strength. 

geeme said:
Looks to me like you have two separate issues going on.

Yellowing leaves: The most frequent reason for yellowing leaves is overwatering, be it from you or rain doesn't matter. Peppers like fairly dry conditions. If you are the one overwatering, try to wait until the leaves droop a tad between waterings. If it's rain and your plants are in the ground (ie, you can't move them), is there a way you can shelter them so they don't get so much rain? Some build frames and stretch out a tarp over them, for example. The other causes of yellowing, if they're not getting too much water, is either too much or too little nitrogen. Check your fertilizer numbers - peppers need more calcium once they get into production mode, not a lot of nitrogen. Since tomatoes and peppers are related, you can use a good tomato fertilizer on them, if what you have is more of an all-purpose fertilizer you'll want to find something else.

Crinkling leaves: Classic first sign of over-fertilizing. This may be a clue to the above, too. Back off on the ferts in total for a while, and don't mix stronger than what the label says when you do return to fertilizing. Keep in mind that if you are mixing your ferts according to the directions, you shouldn't be using them every watering. Some people mix at quarter or half strength and use them every watering, but not full strength. 
We have had a lot of rain , but I just used Miracle Grow Tomatoe liguid, maybe a little more than I should. I'll do nothing for a day or so and see what happens. Hate to lose this plant as it is over 3 years old..

It's going to take more than a day or so for you to see real improvement. The yellowed leaves will likely not return to green and the wrinkled leaves will likely not become smooth again, but your new growth should be fine. 

Back