• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I think my Bhut Jolokia has a problem or two but I don't know what.

Plant looks fine. I wouldn't worry, a little curl here or there is nothing to be alarmed about. Take your own advice in the last comment: admire it from a distance. Nothing is perfect, and you'll find blemishes if you look hard enough at anything.

I know what you mean, I got the same problem on all the exotic pepper plants I had so far : leaves bump & shrink.

Some people say it's normal, some other (of those I belong to) think it's a lack of calcium.

I can't believe it's "normal" to have leaves having that kind of shapes & bumping.

This year I'll add calcium, but it will be my first time trying, so I can't tell you if it's "the answer".

there has to be something going around this year because i have the same problem PHB
the ones effected are

PEACH HABALOKIA
MATA FRADE
RED AJI TEAPOT
ORANGE AJI TEAPOT
MINI FISH (CROSS)

as i have been on and off here i have been picking up on the fact that im not alone in this

does it have anything to do with the fact that its taking so long to warm up?? or are we on schedule and im just being impatient ??

i am kinda thinking a combo of both LOL

thanks your friend Joe

there has to be something going around this year because i have the same problem

<chop>

I'm sorry to hear that, brother. This plant is about two months old now so it's never flowered. I need to make sure it doesn't drop flowers or something. Are you sure you have enough Ca/Mg? Both of those nutes control leaf crinkling, yellowing, and flower/fruit production. I would check those first. Since I already tried supplementing nutes I came here for some help.

I'm sorry to hear that, brother. This plant is about two months old now so it's never flowered. I need to make sure it doesn't drop flowers or something. Are you sure you have enough Ca/Mg? Both of those nutes control leaf crinkling, yellowing, and flower/fruit production. I would check those first. Since I already tried supplementing nutes I came here for some help.
i have not given them anything but a little miracle grow, i have had bad luck with most supplements so i dont mess with them

thanks your friend Joe

i have not given them anything but a little miracle grow, i have had bad luck with most supplements so i dont mess with them

thanks your friend Joe

Try molasses. It has Ca and Mg and it's also a good chelating agent. Just put a tablespoon in some water to dissolve and add that to your normal water every once in a while. Add more when it's flowering.

MG is meh at best. The ferts are okay but they're aimed toward producing great vegetation and not-so-great fruit. You would probably benefit from some molasses treatment.

Try molasses. It has Ca and Mg and it's also a good chelating agent. Just put a tablespoon in some water to dissolve and add that to your normal water every once in a while. Add more when it's flowering.

MG is meh at best. The ferts are okay but they're aimed toward producing great vegetation and not-so-great fruit. You would probably benefit from some molasses treatment.
black strap right??
yeah i would consider this

thanks your friend Joe

Back