• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics I want pics of your biggest, baddest PLANTS

The Hot Pepper said:
rjacobs those look healthy as shiiiiii

yea they have surprised me.  Like I said, one treatment of Dr. Earths fertilizer and one treatment of epsom salts around July 1 and thats it.  I have done less with them this year than last year and the plants are doing a ton better.  I think less is more.

I wont post pictures of my Aji jungle in the next bed... I turned in all the rotten Aji's from last year and have probably 500+ plants in the bed loaded with 1000's of peppers.  Ive just let it go as well.

thegreenman said:
Adding a couple pics from today.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
5edfaa25c567caed471eaaa28615eb8b.jpg
e926034d722e2b9bf46f6f1333d1cae6.jpg
So whatcha feeding that monster, and do you do anything special to protect it from the hellish FL heat? This is my first year growing, and I've had to keep my plants in the shade for the majority of the day.

adrian089 said:
So whatcha feeding that monster, and do you do anything special to protect it from the hellish FL heat? This is my first year growing, and I've had to keep my plants in the shade for the majority of the day.
Honestly I don't do much with it now, it's more like a tree than a garden plant. It gets a few handfuls of slow release fertilizer a couple times a year, and I have it in a spot where it gets afternoon shade in the summer. The biggest problem is that iguanas love to climb it and eat the top leaves which is annoying. [emoji34]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

These were my three Rocoto's which were four years old. Never overwintered, they simply dwarfed everything beneath them.
W6NFvhV.jpg

One stem.
XDlPQvu.jpg

Sadly they had to make way for my new raised beds. The new generation is doing well and going into their second season.

SR.

Wow those Rocotos are huge. How much were they producing? How did you harvest them?

Shorerider said:
These were my three Rocoto's which were four years old. Never overwintered, they simply dwarfed everything beneath them.
W6NFvhV.jpg

One stem.
XDlPQvu.jpg

Sadly they had to make way for my new raised beds. The new generation is doing well and going into their second season.

SR.

rjacobs said:
From the base of the raised bed to the top of the upright is right at 6'.  These plants are close to 5' tall.  3 reapers, 2 BOC's(I think), 3 or 4 Jays Peach Ghost, and a Chocolate Borg 9.  I havent dont anything to these all summer except one feeding of Dr. Earth fertilizer and epsom salts around July 1 and watered via dripped 3x a week for an hour each(1 gallon).

They look killer! 

Pr0digal_son said:
Had an interesting bacc var. bacc labeled "mini mini" vine out on me a few years back. In a jungle environment I could see one of these getting 30' wide easily.

22072117801_aff17e5651_b.jpg

Most pendelums will get extremely large too. 

10281130975_75c4c61e80_b.jpg

25491283513_99edcda4b0_b.jpg

Dude this cross section is unreal...

Shorerider said:
W6NFvhV.jpg

One stem.
XDlPQvu.jpg

SR.

That's super impressive!

I have some serious inspiration and now, sadly, super obsessive goals for next season!

Back