• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

ID (without pods)

just wanna try and get a rough type of wat it is. i no they have small thinish red chillies but i dont have any pods yet.just got given this plant by a guy at a local market he had no clue on wat it is or how to grow chillies.
it was potted in a tiny little cell that had rock hard dirt in it from god knows were.
any help wil help. will continue to put pics up as it grows and when pods accur

P1000231.jpg

P1000230.jpg

Absolutely a shot in the dark here, but if I were to guess I would say some kind of cayenne just judging from the leaves and form of the plant. It will be very difficult to have a positive identification without flowers or pods. Keep us posted.

Absolutely a shot in the dark here, but if I were to guess I would say some kind of cayenne just judging from the leaves and form of the plant. It will be very difficult to have a positive identification without flowers or pods. Keep us posted.
+1 The leaves do look similar to my cayenne pepper, so my wild guess would be the same!

+1 I agree, it does look like a cayenne pepper. I have one a little smaller than that (just noticed minutes ago that it was root bound) and it looks like the same type of plant.

P1000253.jpg

P1000254.jpg

P1000255.jpg

P1000256.jpg

finally new pics so any chance now of id it now? big differance from the 23 of feb to today looking much better minus the 1 aphid in the second pic on a leaf :)

Back