• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ideal grow temp for chilli.

Shorerider

Staff Member
eXtreme
Hey all,

I would like to hear people's thoughts on an ideal temperature range for growing chillies. Plants are in a grow box under T5's.

Cheers......

80-85f is the conventional wisdom. 

I have found the pubes to be happier at 65-70f otherwise their leaves can go a bit droopy. Baccatums seem pretty flexible but certainly do well between 70 and 80f.

Personally I think 85f is ideal for all common peppers....obviously there is a temp range that can be found with reading which I have done a lot but I gather that the 85f is ideal, again this is my opinion ...;)

Well my 50f nights are obviously NOT what the plants want!

I'd say anything near the normal temps of their original(where they actually come from) location is would be a great starting point.

Thanks guys. I have done some searching on here and on the Web, but found nothing useful.

I'll be installing a temperature controller soon to turn my fans on/off when the temperature gets too warm/cool. This will allow the T5's to warm things up and the fans to cool things down while adding a bit of air flow to strengthen the stems.

I think I'll aim for 25-30deg c.(77-86deg f)

Cheers........

Air temperature is only one factor ... .. Root zone temps and relative humidity are just as important when it comes to plant health and fruit set. It could be 30 degrees and bone dry or 30 degrees and 80% humidity and you will get varying effects on plant health and pests etc .

Back