• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Identification Please

Got this pepper from a local plant nursery. The owners kept this an a pot next to their office and allowed me to take a pepper which a grew. Their English wasn’t good so I never found out what it was. I’m thinking red thai chili or birds eye chili?
137540D4-9B6A-41AE-8C0A-7BE0897AFE82.jpeg
02D514ED-167B-491A-9BAF-B1A9167A409F.jpeg

Yes, Thai and Birds Eye peppers grow upward, so that it is not. However, can't say what it is. Did you taste already one ? How was the heat ? That could help to narrow it down.

Yes, Thai and Birds Eye peppers grow upward, so that it is not. However, can't say what it is. Did you taste already one ? How was the heat ? That could help to narrow it down.
That’s what I thought, but it was the closest pepper I could find 🤔 it’s pretty hot. I would put it on par with a habanero. Very similar flavor to a bell pepper.

cayennes are longer and skinnier than these, aren’t they? Unless there’re different varieties?
The most typical ones in stores are, but as @francisp said, there are a lot of varieties. I think I have some pics of the Fiesta mix on my glog - I have the typical long red ones, long orange and yellow, long dark green, short purple, and short red.

Back