• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

If they survive I will surely have the world record.

If stressing plants make peppers hotter and mine survive I would surely have the worlds hottest peppers. In terms of stress my plants had a nervous breakdown today. When I brought my tray of 3 inch plants out to fertillize them I ended up dropping them trying to get back in the house. Then as I'm salvaging plants I realize I got the amount of fettilizer wrong and gave then full stength. So I had to flush them with tap water. I'm ready to have a nervous breakdown. :(:oops::tear:

They'll probably live just to get some revenge. They want you to sample their wares.
devil.gif

chillilover said:
I used miracle gro 15-30-15 but at full instead of 1/4 strength. They have 4 to 6 true leaves.

That does seem like a bit too strong perhaps but you are probably stressing a bit, probably more than the plants. :lol: My plants are around the same stage with about 6 true leaves and I've been using 8-16-8 fertilizer at full strength. I was actually thinking of using double strength so it would be right around what you used. Not so sure that is a good idea :?:

They won't die from nutrients in the recommended concentration. It's not the best for them, but it's not lethal either.

R-e-l-a-x.

MrArboc said:
They won't die from nutrients in the recommended concentration. It's not the best for them, but it's not lethal either.

R-e-l-a-x.

They got pretty thrown around too though. One was out of the pot. There are no broken stalks but the roots got a good workout. I can't relax......I feel :sick:

Yea it can be a bit stressful. I am definitely starting to become more lax with my growing in comparison to the previous two seasons. You would have shit if you saw a few of my plants this morning. I thought I watered Friday evening but since realized that it was actually Thursday. Well, I went to check on them this morning only to find several SEVERELY limp. The Bih's stem had gone so limp that it was hanging down over the side of the container. I have allowed leaves to droop many times before but never the entire plant. Luckily they all bounced back. I hope yours make it as well.

Josh said:
Yea it can be a bit stressful. I am definitely starting to become more lax with my growing in comparison to the previous two seasons. You would have shit if you saw a few of my plants this morning. I thought I watered Friday evening but since realized that it was actually Thursday. Well, I went to check on them this morning only to find several SEVERELY limp. The Bih's stem had gone so limp that it was hanging down over the side of the container. I have allowed leaves to droop many times before but never the entire plant. Luckily they all bounced back. I hope yours make it as well.

Thanks, some of those plants were form your seeds you sent me. One more thing....a few were shifted over in their pots and insead of moving them and stressing them more I left them so now instead of being near the center of the 3" pot they're about 3/4 inch from the edge. Will the roots just fill over to the other side?

I guess in a twisted way, thinking about it, be glad you did give them a bit of extra fertilizer, as they will probably use that extra juice to help them after they were dropped ;)

I hope I don't jynx myself but 24 hours later they look better than ever and have actually grown a bit. :)
Maybe my plants are like me and are happy to be stressed out.......

Back