• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

IGG (Passow) Grow Log Part 2 03-23-2008 - Peppers!

Yes yes, I started a new thread, I know, I could have posted on the original thread but important news has cropped up which warrented more attention!

I'm a daddy!!!! The "Monster" Asain Birdseye peppers (thanks again Bent!) have hatched (well, two of them have).
tray9mz8.jpg

And the Havana Tobacco are coming along quite nicely.
tray10ss2.jpg

Congratulatins daddy....

Turns out three of the four cells has sprouted.

I also noticed some white mold on the fatalii dirt so I poured a little hydrogen peroxide on the soil to kill it, hope it doesn't hurt the seeds...

peroxide shouldn't hurt anything except mold...

AlabamaJack said:
peroxide shouldn't hurt anything except mold...
It can definitely hurt a lot more than that, especially the concentrated stuff. The food grade peroxide I use is 35% which can be quite dangerous if handled improperly but you're probably ok if you're using regular pharmacy stuff.

Potawie is right on target again...I use the pharmacy stuff that is 3%.

Ya, I used the 3% stuff.

It's official, all the "Monster" Birdseyes have hatched and are looking at the lights from 4 inches below them. They are soo cute! Tomarrow I introduce them to conspiricy theories.

Oh wow, always cool to see photos of my (your) seeds sprouting on the other side of the planet. I hope they make the big pods again, that was freaky. either way they're a good producer.

More baby news

A baby Piquin popped it's head up above soil today.

Pepperfreak said:
Congrats "Daddy" I would share a cigar with you but cant find the icon for one so I hope a beer will do.:lol: So heres to you...:cheers:
I'll drink to that!

bentalphanerd said:
Oh wow, always cool to see photos of my (your) seeds sprouting on the other side of the planet. I hope they make the big pods again, that was freaky. either way they're a good producer.

Ya, those seeds you sent me were huge by pepper standards. I hope they breed true.

bentalphanerd said:
How did they survive you abandoning them for a few days?

the words cruel & heartless come to mind...they were so young
lol

They survived. I left it in the hands of Parental Unit #1 (Mom...aka...Heidi). She watered the ones that needed it.

Actually, the "Monster" Asian Birdseye are much larger than most pepeprs I've sprouted (bigger embrionic leaves and taller plant to start off). I think you are on to something here, Bent.

A Bhut Jolokia has sprouted and a Fatalii too. I have my Goji Berry seeds soaking along with 6 Peppercorn seeds that I saved from a grinder (read: opened up the grinder at a Brewery on my trip back from NJ). Will plant those tomarrow.

The tobacco plants are getting huge! WEspecially the ones I transfered into the pots. I'll post a pic of everything tomarrow.

This is today's picture of the "Monster" Asain Birdseye Peppers. See, they are getting their first set of true leaves....how fast they grow up:
tray13ti6.jpg

Here's one of the potted tobacco plants:
tray12aq3.jpg

Soon you'll have the patter of little Bird's Eye feet as they race around your room.

*ponders*

Now that's a weird image.

Naw, seriously, they look great!

Whew...my fears of seedling abandonment have been abated.

The little buggers will start growing out the bottom of your tray pretty soon. I'll get you some pics of parents & grandparents.

bentalphanerd said:
Whew...my fears of seedling abandonment have been abated.

The little buggers will start growing out the bottom of your tray pretty soon. I'll get you some pics of parents & grandparents.
Ya, I pulled one out (I planted two seeds per tray) because it sprouted while I was away and the main root was the size of the plant itself. These things really are monsters!

Back