• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

I'm back with a experiment!! ID??

It's great to see this forum is still active!! I haven't been active in here since 2013! I have had some plants that had always been know to me a just grove peppers, my family was in the citrus industry and these would always grow wildly in the groves! I was given some seeds and was told they were grove peppers! I have started some seedlings, let's see what happens! Some of my seeds and some of the ones I was given!

Attachments

• 20210627_154455.jpg
    20210627_154455.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 403
url=https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+grove+peppers&hl=en&authuser=0&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk01Ni5l4iUEso5n6iwqxv9Dc2BKy-A%3A1624843126735&source=hp&biw=1242&bih=568&ei=diPZYPrjKoyFwbkPtpGg6AM&oq=florida+grove+peppers&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgQIABAYOgQIIxAnOgUIABCxAzoCCAA6BAgAEAM6CAgAELEDEIMBUIksWNRxYNeLAWgAcAB4AIABX4gBhAWSAQE5mAEAoAEBoAECqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img]GOOGLE Image Search - florida grove peppers [/url]

The Florida Wildflower Foundation -

Onalee's Seeds, LLC - Florida Grove Pepper

These peppers are so named because in years past they grew between the trees in the citrus groves in Florida apparently 'planted" by passing birds). The grove workers and pickers deliberately left the plants in the groves (rather than weed them out) and used them for cooking. They are perfect seasoning for chili, pickling, relishes, salsa, pico-de-gallo and making your own tabasco-like sauces, including pepper sauce for greens they also can be dried and used for ground red pepper.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
url=https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+grove+peppers&hl=en&authuser=0&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk01Ni5l4iUEso5n6iwqxv9Dc2BKy-A%3A1624843126735&source=hp&biw=1242&bih=568&ei=diPZYPrjKoyFwbkPtpGg6AM&oq=florida+grove+peppers&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgQIABAYOgQIIxAnOgUIABCxAzoCCAA6BAgAEAM6CAgAELEDEIMBUIksWNRxYNeLAWgAcAB4AIABX4gBhAWSAQE5mAEAoAEBoAECqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img]GOOGLE Image Search - florida grove peppers [/url]     The Florida Wildflower Foundation -Onalee's Seeds, LLC - Florida Grove PepperThese peppers are so named because in years past they grew between the trees in the citrus groves in Florida apparently 'planted" by passing birds). The grove workers and pickers deliberately left the plants in the groves (rather than weed them out) and used them for cooking. They are perfect seasoning for chili, pickling, relishes, salsa, pico-de-gallo and making your own tabasco-like sauces, including pepper sauce for greens they also can be dried and used for ground red pepper.
Awesome! Thanks for the link! Progress to come!!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
url=https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+grove+peppers&hl=en&authuser=0&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk01Ni5l4iUEso5n6iwqxv9Dc2BKy-A%3A1624843126735&source=hp&biw=1242&bih=568&ei=diPZYPrjKoyFwbkPtpGg6AM&oq=florida+grove+peppers&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQARgAMgQIABAYOgQIIxAnOgUIABCxAzoCCAA6BAgAEAM6CAgAELEDEIMBUIksWNRxYNeLAWgAcAB4AIABX4gBhAWSAQE5mAEAoAEBoAECqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img]GOOGLE Image Search - florida grove peppers [/url]

The Florida Wildflower Foundation -

Onalee's Seeds, LLC - Florida Grove Pepper

These peppers are so named because in years past they grew between the trees in the citrus groves in Florida apparently 'planted" by passing birds). The grove workers and pickers deliberately left the plants in the groves (rather than weed them out) and used them for cooking. They are perfect seasoning for chili, pickling, relishes, salsa, pico-de-gallo and making your own tabasco-like sauces, including pepper sauce for greens they also can be dried and used for ground red pepper.
Very interesting. There was a chili plant in a container that was left behind by the previous owner of my current property. Now I finally know what it was. I think I may still have some dry pods around from it.

I'm growing something called a "Florida Wild Bird Pepper" that I got from Atlantic Pepper Seeds.

I got these on a whim, and didn't have much of an idea what they'd turn into.

Not much is going on yet with this plant.  Once this plant gets going, I'll post some pictures.

Back