• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I'm back!

Hey guys and gals,

I didn't grow anything this season, and not much last season. (Life got in the way.) However, I really wish I had and now have the itch BAD! So I'm thinking of maybe starting a few late plants this year to over winter, just 2 or 3, and I'm most definitely growing coming winter/spring 2017 so I would like to start buying seeds now.

So, my question is, where is everyone buying their seeds these days and what are the popular/must have/rare varieties now. 2 years seems to have been a life time lol, lots has changed and I don't recognize most of the user names that are posting in here now.

Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it.

T

U)<now said:
Haha, what kind?
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Was Buzz Postin.

Got a couple of Trinidad Scorpion, 7 Pot Bubblegum going. If they survive this Texas Summer, I plan on over wintering the nicest plant. Come Fall your more than welcome too a Freebie. If I'm still Alive & Kickin

Hey Guys,

Just an update. I ordered some seeds today from Neil over at The Hippy Seed Company. With current exchange rates from USD to AUD, plus a 10% off coupon, and free shipping, I got a decent deal. 120+ seeds for $67 shipped. I know there are other places for cheaper, but Neil seems to be a great guy, been following him for years on youtube and wanted to support his business.

I decided to order my "Dream list" of super hots this time so here's the list!

7 Pod Douglah
7 Pod Barrackpore
7 Pot Jonah Yellow
7 Pot Brain Strain (I had some of these from Cappy at Pepper Ridge Farms a few years ago but I don't have any left and I haven't heard back from him, so I ordered from Neil and I think Neil got his seeds from Cappy, so should be good to go.)

Trinidad Scorpion Yellow Cardi
Butch T Scorpion
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
THSC Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion

Carolina Reaper HP22B (wanted the BSR (Buht Shaped Reaper) variety but they are out of stock)
Purple Naga Viper
Borg 9 

I'm going to save these all for 2017 Grow Season. I ordered an extra pack of Butch T so I may germinate a couple of those to keep me busy the rest of this summer and over the winter.

Stay tuned!

So, while digging through my Pepper stuff, I found 3 brain strain seeds I forgot I had left over from a pack I got from Cappy back in July 2013. I doubt they are any good, although they were kept in a zip lock bag inside another seed pack the entire time and when they were fresh I had a 100% germination rate, we'll see. I'm going to try to germinate them anyways since I don't have any other super hot seeds laying around until my order gets here from THSC and like I said, I just want to get something going to get my fix until January!

EYb9doZ.jpg

I know this is going to sound lame, but the most exciting variety I am growing this year is Butch T.  Been growing them for some time, culling for the pod shape that we all know and love.  Now Butch T himself set up an online seed shop and the photos of the Butch T that he has been selectively culling for years seems to be quite a bit different than what we have come to know.  I am really excited to see how it turns out.

Along the way, I got some of his Butch T x Reaper, and Chocolate Primo Reaper.  Kind of excited about those because I am thrilled to see Mr. Taylor so accessible. 

Have other weird things growing.  Yet another person's claim to the Chocolate Bhutlah name.  Some Big Black Ma Ma.  And something I forget where the heck I got.  Hell, I forget the name.  Something like Super Hot Beast.  I go for anything weird but dont grow many unless it is something fairly known and stable.

BTW: You are two states north.  I still have some stuff not in the ground.  If for some odd reason you are in KY, I'd donate some to your late start up.

Thanks ajdrew. Not lame at all! I wasn't aware Butch Taylor had a site set up, so thanks for that. I just ordered some more seeds from him... Butch T Scorpion of course, CPR, BTR Scorpion and some more Reapers.

I also got ahold of Cappy (Pepper Ridge Farms) and ordered some more brainstrain 7 pods in various colors.

My 2017 season should be a hot one!

U)<now said:
My 2017 season should be a hot one!
Mine is always hot but been leaning towards sweet lately.  This year growing T. Perfume, TS Sweet, and looking for more small and unusual sweets.  Not all that excited cause it is more of a business thing than a fun thing.  Goal being to produce the seed this year to grow quantity next year.  I want to be able to make appointments with local restaurants, sit down with the chefs and have tastings.  Idea being to line up what we have to offer from mild, to hot, to super hot.  I. provide the peppers, they provide the blue cheese n milk.  Maybe show off newspaper clippings.

Don't get me wrong, I do like mail order.  But trying to expand thoughtfully.  If chefs can come here and pick up their produce more, I do less work.

Order came today from Neil at thehippyseedcompany.com! I started a few seeds from my order from Butch on July 1st also. I should start a glog for my over winter grow I am doing for a headstart for next year, probably do that this week.

6a1affd37bb218160222aa228043e4e9.jpg

Back