• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm going to be sad...

I had to sell this beauty. At least it's going to a friend and I can visit every once in awhile.

table.jpg


Now I can finally get this month's rent paid. I'm getting plowed (really drunk) and shooting a few final games this evening.

:oops:
 

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
DD, you could have kept it and hustled for the rent!
 

imaguitargod

Inactive Members
Awww, I have a few memoies assosiated with that table too. Tis a shame, it was really a magical tabel (shot the best game against your wife....boy did she get pissed when I mopped the floor with her...long story folks, but funny, maybe I should share it...).

Sorry to hear that it had to go, but a roof over your head is more important. You can always take up darts...


What are you going to do for a desk now?
 
It's always a shame when something so nice has to go.

But i guess its for a greater good......

It will be hard to let it out of the house...
 
imaguitargod said:
Awww, I have a few memoies assosiated with that table too. Tis a shame, it was really a magical tabel (shot the best game against your wife....boy did she get pissed when I mopped the floor with her...long story folks, but funny, maybe I should share it...).

What are you going to do for a desk now?

Yeah...that was a fun evening!!!

We're probably going to break out the antique (circa 1950's) red & white kitchen table for a desk.

For those of you that don't know, I made a hard top for the pool table so my wife and I can have a computer desk when we're not shooting pool.
 
Dang, that sucks. It helps to know it's not outta reach, but it sucks anyway. I agree that paying the rent is more important of course.
 
Lost for words.. Chilliac of right of course but i can see it means a lot to you,Its times like these i wish i could help.
 

imaguitargod

Inactive Members
Philipperv said:
CEOs get their golden parachutes and the rest of us get left holding the bag as usual. I feel for you DD. :(
That's such an odd phrase, a parachute made out of gold wouldn't really work all that well.
 
imaguitargod said:
That's such an odd phrase, a parachute made out of gold wouldn't really work all that well.

I dont know but strangely gold can be flattened to a very very thin layer unlike some metals & hold its shape. could it be formed into a parachute & work ? dont know.

there is gold tin foil I believe. well that thickness, not so called "tin foil" & a parachute is thicker than that, only thing gold has going against it is the weight it has.
 
chilehunter said:
there is gold tin foil I believe. well that thickness, not so called "tin foil" & a parachute is thicker than that, only thing gold has going against it is the weight it has.

pure gold's really soft too
 
Top