• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!

It's time to bring on a new growing season in the north. I hauled 40 gallons of very moist dirt (read - very heavy) from the back yard, down the side of the house, through the living and dining rooms, through the kitchen, up a 15 step flight of stairs to my grow room. Split it, along with potting mix, and green and brown leaves into six 7-gallon pots.

I have six plants in 3" pots, just waiting to get large enough to transplant. The days are getting longer and I'm itching to get rolling!

Mike

Step One

I have six plants, one each of Goliath and Celebrity, and two each of First Prize and Better Boy I put in 3" containers Christmas. Tonight, they are under a 150 watt HPS light, getting about 80K lux. Once they grow about five inches, they will go into a 7-gallon pot and all six of them will be under one 400 watt HPS. Days until the first ripe mater doesn't really matter that much, what does is the total harvest between now and when they stop being decent producers. They are all about 70-75 day toms so the first ones should be ripe somewhere around April 15. The goal is 240 pounds, hopefully by the middle of July.

I will micromanage these plants and keep a detailed log!

Mike

Back