• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Importan question!

My HPS lamp just banged. Dont ask me how but it did after 450h of use.

Question is will my chilis be ok without a lamp for 2-3 days? They are in a dark place so wont get sun at all. they are about to flower so no seedlings. 3months old plants. (I dont want them to flower yet) But question is if they will be veary hurt with no lamp for 3 days.

[IMG=http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/425/201004041066800x533.jpg][/IMG]

Is this normal? You se it sucked in the glass and its a hole also. I think the lamp got a bit to hot and the glass melted, and the pressure sucked in some air and then bang.

If they are larger plants, they should not get too leggy if they are in low light for a few days, not sure about no light though. Do you have a window you can put them next to for a couple of days, or some regular lights you can put in the grow room to supply some light for the next couple of days? You may be ok with just a couple of lamps over them for a little while. It will be like a couple af very cloudy days. Not ideal, but shouldn't hurt them any.

Good luck!
jacob

jjs7741 said:
If they are larger plants, they should not get too leggy if they are in low light for a few days, not sure about no light though. Do you have a window you can put them next to for a couple of days, or some regular lights you can put in the grow room to supply some light for the next couple of days? You may be ok with just a couple of lamps over them for a little while. It will be like a couple af very cloudy days. Not ideal, but shouldn't hurt them any.

Good luck!
jacob

Thanks for the quick replay. I do have a 200w CFL that i use for my cutting board but in that there is 20 seedlings. :(

And main issu is theres like 40 plants in that room, and all my windows etc are full with another chili plants. And i cant put them out to greeenhouse yet (long winter). But i supose they wont die but prolly wont feel good about no light. We have a big weekend here so no shops are open.

Not fun at all i also have 5 hydro systems that i cant move. But mybe i can get some T5 installed just for few days better then nothing.!

Thanks!

Is it warm enough to put them in the GH during the day and then bring them in overnight? I'm in Zone 5 (Cincinnati) and I have over 100 seedlings in mine.

Mike

wordwiz said:
Is it warm enough to put them in the GH during the day and then bring them in overnight? I'm in Zone 5 (Cincinnati) and I have over 100 seedlings in mine.

Mike

It prolly culd work, but as theres alot of plants it wuld take me 2h just to get them out. But ofcuse its better then dying. Just a bit afriad of my hydro systems. Gonna try to find a shop that have open tommrow that sells HPS lamps.
Cross my fingers! As i get the feeling you guys dont belive they will enoy the darkness for some days ;)

Back