• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

In over my head

I recently realized that I could never use all the plants I had. I then planted 200+ more seeds. I don't sell anything I just do it for fun, so not many are going out. I gave some to the local nursery but the guy doesn't want the not so famous ones. Friends have all they want. I'm soon going to be stuck with hundreds of pepper plants that will probably just go to waste. Help.

impending_bending said:
I recently realized that I could never use all the plants I had. I then planted 200+ more seeds. I don't sell anything I just don't it for fun, so not many are going out. I gave some to the local nursery but the guy doesn't want the not so famous ones. Friends have all they want. I'm soon going to be stuck with hundreds of pepper plants that will probably just go to waste. Help.

Hehe, sounds like something I'd do.

Tucson, perhaps?  I'd be happy to rescue a dozen or so.

Grow them all out and sell the powder or do some fresh pod auctions to cover the costs or make a few bucks.

Hophead said:
Grow them all out and sell the powder or do some fresh pod auctions to cover the costs or make a few bucks.
I'm too lazy for that. Growing is a hobby, not good enough at it to make it a career.
Geonerd said:
Hehe, sounds like something I'd do.

Tucson, perhaps?  I'd be happy to rescue a dozen or so.
Yes, as a matter of fact. West side. You?

Hire some "day laborers" to help tend, pick and process them. Rumor has it there are a few in AZ. Then you could sell a bunch of pods, make sauce and powders. Buy an extra coffin freezer. I feel your pain though. I was nearly overwhelmed by just 80 plants.

Craigslist is your friend, list as free or for a small fee. Don't provide your address in the Craiglist post as it has brought thieves to homes in the past. Let them call you for address or to arrange a pickup time, this way you have everyone's contact info in case something goes wrong.

there are actually some damned good ideas here

chilli whisperer said:
2-you pot them up,put a note on them with a messege,put them infront of a few peoples front doors,and ring the doorbell ;)
:clap: I think I might actually try this... :)

PM with contact info send.  Lemme know when's a good time and I'd be most grateful to drive over and rescue some plants.

Guessing these guys are still quite small?

Thanks again.

thepodpiper said:
Do some gorilla gardening all around your neighborhood or go to some community gardens that are around you.
"gorilla gardening" lol I like it. Don't think there are many gardens, nevermind community gardens, in Tucson but I'll check.

Back