In the process of turning my my sauces into a business

Hello all, After making my sauces for more than seven years for friends and family, my passion for food and the feed back I received in those years is driving me to turn it into a real business. I have been selling them and giving away samples at parties, gathering, restaurants owners etc as a form of marketing. A friend took samples to a  small grocery store in the state where he works and the owner wants to carry my brand, therefore I want to be all the way legit before I commit to that opportunity, it's more than selling to friends and their friends, I want to do it right. HELP PLEASE! 
While I was online doing some research and I came across forums from this site and decided to create an account, and I am loving the community. 
This is not a get rich idea for me, this is my passion, My mother is Chef and my love for food started from being in the kitchen with her from a young age. I know there is a lot to learn and a lot of work involve in the industry, and I am ready and willing to put in what it takes. I read stories about some of you guys out there, and I like to see how you guys were dedicated from the start. 
I am open to any help and advice I can receive from you guys.
 My company is an LLC, I have a label design along with nutrition facts, I have also purchased bar-codes, I use different bottle suppliers depends on the sale they are having at the time. 
Below are some things I would like some clarity/advice on please.
1- What is the best way to protect my name? is the LLC enough?
2- Do I have to copyright my recipes being that I have ingredient List on the label?
3-I am currently using 5oz Plastic bottles, should I be using glass? if so why? I know glass would cost more to ship.
4-what's the best shipping methods? 
5- I don't have any preservatives in my sauce, how do I check the life? I had the BBQ sauce in the fridge for one year and it was still good, Not sure yet about the Hot sauce,  any suggestions please on how to check?
6-Is it ok to let sauce cool down prior to bottle?
7-What kind of insurance is required?

Thank you for any support.

Back