Include PM message in email notification

Is it possible to set it up so that the content of a private message shows up in the email that notifies you that you have a private message?  I have set this up in vBulletin and phpBB forums.  It usually just a small line of code that you enter on the back end that then includes the text of the message with the notification.

No because people reply to the email and then I get it. Even if it says DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, REPLY TO THE PM.

Sorry. I've had this set up before and I get all the replies.

The way it is now, you are forced to read the actual PM.

Can you set the PM notifications to come from a different email address?

Something like PM@thehotpepper.com and then ignore that box?

"I replied to so and so and they never got the PM. Is something wrong with the system?"

"Did you reply to the email or the PM?"

"The email"

Doh.

The current setup is the most foolproof. Unfortunately it is one extra click to read, but most of the time you need to reply anyway.

I don't even get the option of messages when I go full site.  If I click on link in email I get the usual error message and then when I enter my password I just go into the mobile version with no option of accessing pm's

RobStar said:
I don't even get the option of messages when I go full site.  If I click on link in email I get the usual error message and then when I enter my password I just go into the mobile version with no option of accessing pm's

Are you logged in on mobile?

Back