• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor growing advice/tips/recommendations for a rookie?

Hey Guys! So this is my first year venturing into the indoor gardening realm. I was forced to bring some plants inside after a late start earlier this season. I started to like the idea of indoor growing and would like to give it a shot. Right now I have 2 fully grown Bhuts and some younger Morougas. I purchased a 4' t5 2 lamp fixture which is hanging about 5' from ground level. I was basically hoping I could get some advice on A) whether this lamp setup is efficient B) general recommendations for a good and sustainable indoor setup. Thanks!!

Im pretty sure that will be good, i grew plants indoor using bulb's & it worked perfect for the cold season & after it got warm again i took em outside.

You Might Be Getting Bugs Indoors Though Just Be Prepared For Some Bug Spray...lol :onfire:

Dont Water To Much Indoors They Need Less Water Then Outdoor Growing.

The most common problem when bringing plants indoors from out is aphids. You actually bring them in along with the plant - this has nothing to do with how clean you keep your grow room. Do a search for aphid information now. The best non-chemical "treatment" for them is ladybugs, which consume aphids and their larvae. Some people are squeemish about releasing ladybugs into their houses - I prefer a handful of ladybugs over the masses of aphids that can appear (they multiply VERY rapidly.) Plus, to me, the benefits of ladybugs outweighs the fact that they are also bugs.

Lights, watering, and food aside, your plants will also be better off if you keep a fan running around them. IMO, ideally this will be an oscillating fan. This mimmicks the wind, and will help reduce any negative effects when you bring them back outdoors in the spring.

Dont Water To Much Indoors They Need Less Water Then Outdoor Growing.

+1
Get a $15.00 moisture meter from Lowes if you are unsure. A well watered full grown plant probably won't need to be watered again for a week or so. Maybe more if you are trying to stress the peppers.

Back