• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor growing on the cheap

i used Six 4ft T12 tubes 6500K 12hrs on/off from sprout to nice juveniles. zone 5a/4b Wisconsin. germed at the end of Feb/early March. started giving them sun outside to harden off in May. Permanently outside near the end of May. Probably raised 30 seedlings.

i found t12 fixtures and tubes for free on craigslist. I just lowered the T12's to the point where they were basically touching the leaf tips(t12's don't get that warm), and ended up with nice plants that were not leggy.

i try to keep my hobbies as close to free as possible.

2c39a0bed959eca9d961edfff93185cd.jpg
photo update! The hot banana/wax pepper bonchi is chugging along nicely and has already set and thrown out a nice looking pod. The orange habanero has been struggling to set a pod but I have faith that it's only a matter of time before it does. Both plants have been budding like crazy, but I think the habanero is just a bit more finicky in terms of temperature.
456f5b1b229b91936ee893e65f750a49.jpg
as you can see, the habanero is really trying, I think I just need adjustable lighting so it gets the warmth from the bulbs that the taller wax/banana is thriving on. I also tried my hand at cross pollination and it seems to have taken with the wax as the mother plant (flower drop on the habanero so I know that didn't take) so I guess time will tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mike5265 said:
I think I just need adjustable lighting so it gets the warmth from the bulbs that the taller wax/banana is thriving on.
just stack something under the hab to raise it closer to your light?

Malarky said:
just stack something under the hab to raise it closer to your light?
I had to laugh at myself for that one. Good call makarky. Don't know why I overlooked that option. I'll do that when I get home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy5fzPlsXK0

this is what i build been using them for 5 years now and they work great 

Back