• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Indoor seed starting for next season

Hi Guys,

Im doing some test out of seeds and i was wonderning... if i start my plant now for next summer.. and i dont have super setup (just light of the day)

will my pepper plants will grow and make flowers all winter long and ready when i will put those outside? or it will fall in a "winterise" mode and grow slow ?

i have one Butch T plant that have sprout and it's only on the primary leaves and we approch winter and here the temperature is droping each day.

usually we start seeds in january or febuary.. but if i have something like 2 o3 month ahead the plant will be bigger and stronger for next summer?
since superhot have a longer time before harvest i hope im right.

anyone have done that before?
i mean plant like 8 month before summer time (here summer is pretty short the average temperature is usually low compared to southern states.

Thanks

hey man.
Over here in Manitoba im in a similar boat. I have some that i started at least 2 months now. So far they are doing great in the regular daylight. They dont get any direct sun. They actually dont see the sun at all. just light coming in the window. I still incubate them which i probably dont need to do. But they seem to like it. all started around the same time. But all at different stages of growth it seems.
Im thinking the very early start will help for sure. Just make sure to harden them off before you get them in full sun, and you will be good to go.

The key is a really good light system, you'd be able to not only grow big plants but produce peppers indoors !... :)

But with inadequate lighting you'll most luckly end up with tall spindly plants, that would need additional staking when planted outdoors... :(

If your serious with an indoor grow invest in some quality lights...

It makes a "chili world" of difference...

Greg

low light levels make the plants leggy...and if you have a good light setup, they will be too big for their britches by the time plantout comes...

+1. I started my superhots January 21 this year and they did great. I had several good harvests and I think I'm in a colder climate than you. You may as well try though if you already have some going, especially if it's not costing you anything.

It's hard to fight the urge to start them as soon as possible.

Sure its difficult to say no to any addiction........that includes chilli's!

I'm still in the process of winding up the outdoor process, although I'm almost finished

acquiring the additional seeds and my indoor grow mediums are on order, I'm reluctant to

fire up the lights this early.......6 months of Higher electric bills would be a bit much,

I can produce some "Beastly" looking plants with only 4 months...

Back