• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Info about the size of the varieties

I have limited growing space, so it's important for me to get the right plants in the right places.

I'm looking for info on how high and how wide they will be about. :think:
Can anyone help please

Bahamian Goat pepper
Infinity
7 pot Brain strain
Trinidad Scorpion FG
Habanero White Bullet
Maraba
Naga Morich Chocolate
Aji Bolsa de dulce
Scotch Bonnet cappuccino
Aji Cajamarca

Or better a picture of a fully grown 1 year old plant

Thank you

It depends on the growing conditions. My aji cajamara were pretty compact but all of those other varieties could reach 7 feet high and just as wide in the right conditions. I think you can prune to keep them compact enough for your growing space. You could also germinate later.

my cajamarca grew 3ft tall and tons of pods!!

aji bolsa de dulce is about 2 to 3 ft tall
HOW BIG IS YOUR AJI BOLSA DE DOLCE?? PM ME IM INTEESTED TO KNOW
maraba grow bushy and low to the ground they spread out more than up i would say around 12 to 13 inches tall at the most

many of the chinence species in my exsperiance have gotten around 3 ft tall

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

I grow in 5 gallon containers and the trinidad varieties such as the 7 pot and Scorpion will get 6 feet tall and about 4 feet diameter. I had a bunch of scorpions this year that were over 7 feet tall...

You can limit the size of the plants by limiting the size of the container. The bigger the rootball, the bigger the plant.

:) Thank you all :)

I may well have some big plants, but then i can not have as many as i would like.

What I would do is put the highest back, and then have some minor front.
They will grow in containers, different sizes.
I can start giving them a pot, that is less than they deserve, and see how it goes.
I do not need to have 100 fruits of each, less will be ok.

Is there a bad idea to put 2 plants in the same pot, maybe one high and one low.

my cajamarca grew 3ft tall and tons of pods!!

aji bolsa de dulce is about 2 to 3 ft tall
HOW BIG IS YOUR AJI BOLSA DE DOLCE?? PM ME IM INTEESTED TO KNOW
maraba grow bushy and low to the ground they spread out more than up i would say around 12 to 13 inches tall at the most

many of the chinence species in my exsperiance have gotten around 3 ft tall

THANKS YOUR FRIEND JOE

Ajijoe.
I make a sort of grow log when my plants have reached a good size, so i post pictures, of the aji bolsa de dulce.
I have 2 plants in different places orange / red :cool:

If you were to put two plants into a container i think it woul be best to go for two productive varieties.
They will compete and maybe grow bigger?!

2gods,
You can put 2 plants in one container with no problem....I put 3 in an 18 gallon container, one large stake in the middle to tie and support. I also place single plants in the same size 18 gal pot.
Sure the individual plants grow 5 to 6ft. While the 3 pot containers may only grow 3 to 4ft, but still produced pods all season.
You have the right idea placing the taller plants in the back and the shorter in the foreground, or the area that receives the most light.

Greg

Ajijoe.
I make a sort of grow log when my plants have reached a good size, so i post pictures, of the aji bolsa de dulce.
I have 2 plants in different places orange / red :cool:
ok will be looking forward to it
im sure Gasifacata would like to see it also
thanks your friend Joe :)

Thanks for your help :)

OK, i will experiment a bit with 2 plants in each pot, with a few plants.

One with 1 large and 1 small, if the large strangling the little, there is nothing to do about it.

And one with 2 big, but with different growth, as 1 Aji and 1 Habanero.

Last year I made a similar experiment, i had 2 C. Chinense same variety CGN21500.

1. One broke on top when they had 10 leaves.

2. The other was allowed to grow as it should.

The first 2 months were (1) behind, but after (3-4) months caught up with the plant (2)
They ended up being the same height, plant (1) was only slightly more bushy, and they gave about the same number of fruits.

Back