• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ingredients for dinner

Mmmmmm

DSCF0011.JPG

I'm making stir-fry noodles for one. If I remember I'll take a pic and post in the 'last spicy meal..." thread. I usually use habs, but I don't have any, so green nagas it is. I'll have to try one first to gauge heat I think...

Ok, I just tried a sliver of one, and I respect these pods. I'd say it was about as hot as a ripe habanero (maybe a little hotter, maybe), with a pretty nice flavour. The heat really spread around my mouth too, and i was stupid enough to rub one of my nostrils before washing my hands, so I can still feel the heat there as well as in my mouth. I can't wait until I have some ripe ones! :hell:

I'm sorry Pam, I am civilized, but I had no ripe ones! Don't worry, there's still plenty on my plants waiting to ripen up. I just couldn't wait ;)

As for the recipe (amounts aren't fixed, I use about this much)

Stir fry meat in oil, until cooked, then remove from wok
Fry ~2 tsp diced garlic, 1/4 diced onion, and whatever chillies you want until they just start to turn golden, won't take long
Add veggies and cook until, well, cooked, then take everything out of the wok
Add more oil, and stir fry noodles (may need to soak noodles in water first, depending on what type you have) then add some flavour (I use about 1-2 tbs of a thai stir fry sauce I can get at the supermarkets here, it's a thick soy-based sauce, but you can use anything, maybe hoi sin (sp?)
Throw the meat and veggie mix back in, and add sauce made of 1/4 - 1/2 cup chicken stock, 2 tsp corn flour, 1 - 2 tsp soy sauce and sesame oil, simmer for a bit, and you're done

Back