• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Inolan22 Pepper Update :)

Hello all!!

I have been slacking on my posting this year. Been too busy with work and getting ready for the arrival of our first born (1 month left)!

Well...here we go. I started out the season with lots of seeds planted of many different varieties. Overall, through the germination rates and me being negligent by leaving the first tray of peppers in the sun too long (yes they died :(), I have 12 different types of peppers yet remaining (pics to come)

Here's the list:
Peppers
Jalapeno
Purira
Orange Habanero
Yellow Devil's Tongue
Bhut Jolokia
Thai Hot
Hot Cherry
Peruvian orange
Black Cobra
Tequila Sunrise
Lemon Drop (thx Txclosetgrower)
2 Mystery plants (thx Skydiver)

Tomatoes/Cucumbers
Chocolate Cherry Tomato
Early Bird Tomato
Sunrise (yellow) Tomatoe
Lemon Cucumber
Regular (pickling) Cucumber

Jalapeno (overwintered):
Jalapenooverwintered8-17-10.jpg

Purira (overwintered):
Puriraoverwintered8-17-10.jpg

PuriraPeppers8-17-10.jpg

Orange Habanero (overwintered...started it late last year..):
OrangeHabanerooverwintered8-17-10.jpg

OrangeHabPeppers8-17-10.jpg

Bhut Jolokia:
BhutJolokia8-17-10.jpg

Black Cobra:
BlackCobra8-17-10.jpg

BlackCobraPeppers8-17-10.jpg

Tequila Sunrise:
TequilaSunrise8-17-10.jpg

TequilaSunrisePeppers8-17-10.jpg

Yellow Devil's Tongue: (I have not been able to find the bugs or w/e is eating this plant)
YellowDevilsTongue8-17-10.jpg

YellowDevilsTongueDamage8-17-10.jpg

Overall pics (I made the plant 'table' last year):
TheWholeGang8-17-10.jpg

PeppersnPlatform8-17-10.jpg

Looking forward to hearing your comments :)

Nice pics, I like that Purira, pretty chile. That Black Cobra plant looks just like a serrano I have except the pepper stand up. And congrats on the new youngin commin along :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: , been 35 years since I was in that position, heading out in the AM to see one of the kids. Bet you're both excited and she's going get this thing out and let's move on. An new future THP chilehead.

Those plants look really good, I hope I can grow them that well too. What type of nutrients do you use?

I have been slacking on my posting this year. Been too busy with work and getting ready for the arrival of our first born (1 month left)!
Sounds like me. I have my first due start of October, congrats to you!

Nice looking overwinters there. Mine are all stubby but I cut a lot of them down to about a 10cm stick cause they were struggling.

Those plants look really good, I hope I can grow them that well too. What type of nutrients do you use?

I really haven't gotten into anything too extravagant. I used bloodmeal early on (lots of Nitrogen) and just a generic tomato fertilize more recently (since I had thet sitting around). Epsom salts when needed.

Back