Insurance??

What type of insurace do you guys have? I know 1 of the places that I was going to bottle at said said they had all the lisences, certifications, and insurance.....Do I need to have my own insurance as well?

I have a million in liability (up to 2 incedences, so really two mill). State Farm has great rates. I was with company (Great American) when I started and was paying $1400 per year, State Farm got me down to $350 and has other coverages in the deal. So shop around. It's a necessary evil in today's world, you are protecting your customer, but more over, you are protecting yourself.

Don't know if you've already done it, but you also want to make your self in to a corporate entitiy (I am an LLC) further protecting my stuff should anything ever happen from the consumption of my food.

Agreed. COVER YOUR *SS! If you don't become at least somewhat of a corporate entity (LLC), you might as well put your house on Ebay. LLC are handy little things, you can pool your personal and business tax stuff into one, which makes things quite easy. As for who to use, you may want to try The Hartford, our rates are exceptionally low. And don't forget to take both product AND personal liability.

DEFCON Creator said:
Agreed. COVER YOUR *SS! If you don't become at least somewhat of a corporate entity (LLC), you might as well put your house on Ebay. LLC are handy little things, you can pool your personal and business tax stuff into one, which makes things quite easy. As for who to use, you may want to try The Hartford, our rates are exceptionally low. And don't forget to take both product AND personal liability.

I use the Hartford. Very reasonable. They actually sent me a questionaire about 2006 sales. Since they were less than I originally guessed, they lowered my rate. I also incorporated.

Blue's
www.bluebbq.net
Blue's takes the bland out of food.

DEFCON Creator said:
We are on the verge of becoming a C Corp. as well, but not quite yet. I kind of like the LLC for its easyness taxwise, it reduces the stress level around April 15th. LOL!

Hey Defcon:

It pays to be married to a CPA. Of course I pay dearly and pay everyday.

Blue's
www.bluesbbq.net
Take the blah out of food with Blue's

[quote name='Blue's']Hey Defcon:

It pays to be married to a CPA. Of course I pay dearly and pay everyday.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

And on the flipside, it pays to be married to a webmaster as well. I just can't find the off switch.

Back