misc Interest in 1.7 Fl. Oz. (50ml) woozies????

First off, I have no relationship with Fillmore Container except as a guy that buys his bottles from them and the only benefit I will receive is a better price for 1.7oz bottles then currently available online.

I have been bugging them to get 1.7 fl. oz. bottles(mini liquor bottles) for awhile now. They do sell them now but only special order by the skid (5376 bottles). I have convinced them to consider selling by the case(96 bottles).
They are giving me the needed info to poll here for interest. As I will be linking them to it they will be seeing suggestions, so feel free to speak up. These are glass bottles.
$32.64 per case(96 bottles) for less than a pallet ($0.34 per bottle)
$0.075 per cap.
Total bottle with lid cost = 41.5 cents. To be sold by the case of 96 which comes to $39.84 before shipping. Specialty bottles wants 55.68 for 96 with lids before shipping.

I am posting this to help gauge interest.

I know some people on here make some wicked hot little bottles of sauce/liquid fire and these would be great for that. Also thinking they would be good for powders too.

Any interest????????

looks like from the picture that the bottles are glass.. I have been using as does one of my co-packers, 1.5 oz hot fill plastic 'nip' bottles. I was getting mine from SKS Bottle online. 48 bottles with tamper resistant cap(seals when applied)$16.80. Shipping is fairly cheap as well. Just an added source for those looking.

looks like from the picture that the bottles are glass.. I have been using as does one of my co-packers, 1.5 oz hot fill plastic 'nip' bottles. I was getting mine from SKS Bottle online. 48 bottles with tamper resistant cap(seals when applied)$16.80. Shipping is fairly cheap as well. Just an added source for those looking.

Do you peroxide sterilize these or use an alkali sterilant?

http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin14e.html

Are your Clear PET Nip Bottles able to be hot filled at 209F degrees?

Thanks for your interest in SKS. The fill temperature for PET containers is 160F so this would likely be too hot. You can view more PET properties here: http://www.sks-bottle.com/PETHelp.html. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks again!
Erica Funigiello
SKS Bottle & Packaging
erica@sks-bottle.com
www.sks-bottle.com

Are your Clear PET Nip Bottles able to be hot filled at 209F degrees?

Thanks for your interest in SKS. The fill temperature for PET containers is 160F so this would likely be too hot. You can view more PET properties here: http://www.sks-bottle.com/PETHelp.html. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks again!
Erica Funigiello
SKS Bottle & Packaging
erica@sks-bottle.com
www.sks-bottle.com

Your correct, your not going to have a pleasure with hot filling PET bottles at 209.

We actually bottle a lot in the 50 ml (the actual liquor industry bottles), we had to work with some customers to adjust their ph so we didn't have to hot fill. We had a problem with just touching these things are 170, they hold, but deform in time if they aren't cooled down ASAP.

Your correct, your not going to have a pleasure with hot filling PET bottles at 209.

We actually bottle a lot in the 50 ml (the actual liquor industry bottles), we had to work with some customers to adjust their ph so we didn't have to hot fill. We had a problem with just touching these things are 170, they hold, but deform in time if they aren't cooled down ASAP.

Ok so I am a little stupid today...

You are using the PET bottles? You are chemically sterilizing the bottles? You tried to hot fill them but even at reduced temps they deformed? Now you are cold filling them, after having adjusted the PH of the product?

thanks.

You are using the PET bottles? You are chemically sterilizing the bottles? You tried to hot fill them but even at reduced temps they deformed? Now you are cold filling them, after having adjusted the PH of the product?

thanks.

+1.....I too am confused and scared.
I assume with enough preservatives and additives you can do that....blechhh

thanks.

Sorry for the confusion.

When we attemped to hot fill in these bottles on first runs, it was to much of a hassle/disaster. Initial runs had either to low of a temp for safe hot filling and the bottles didn't deform, or we reached a satisfying temp for hot fill and the bottles did deform.

Keep in mind, this isn't hot sauce we are filling in the 50 ml. We added an acid to the "flavored drink mix" to bring the ph down to avoid hot filling.

I hope this clears up any confusion. I was simply posting on these topics to express the same interest/concern that hot filling in these bottles isn't advised.

Got this email today. Good news.

Hi,

I wanted to let everyone know that the 2oz mini woozy bottle has arrived! We are selling them as full cases with 96 bottles to a case for $32.64 per case and the caps are $0.075 apiece. Let me know if you would like to place an order for these and please tell your friends who might be interested to help spread the word. We should have these listed online in a few days but wanted to send this out to you right away! Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks

Chad Brubaker
Fillmore Container Inc.
866-345-5527

Hey there Brian,
Thanks for finding these little bottles, I may be picking up a case. Do you happen to know how much heat the caps can handle? It just describes them as 18mm CT Black Plastic LL Cap. I'm wondering if they can be fully submerged in a BWB, and if that is even the right way to process woozies. I read that hot fill and flip isn't approved.
Thanks

In PA hot fill and flip is approved. I guess that would be up to your local authority, although I don't know why they would want you to BWB them. I bottle at 200-209 degrees and they haven't been an issue for the few sauces I restocked and filled some for samplers.

Back