Introduction and Forum Discount: Savage Jerky Co.

We are pushing the envelope on technology.....

thanks, Boss, for spoiling the Methow's big reveal for the next big technology upgrade.

PS- savage~....it's all good. Where we live, we often send messages by smoke signal.

Cutting edge! Larger than iPhone's display and 14' cord for portability!

Plug it in the currant bush LOLOL you guys aren't even on Blackberry yet!!! ;)

SL is wining and hijacking wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

:roflmao:

What 'chu talkin' 'bout? We gots lots of blackberries growing out back!!!

And I ain't hijacking. I put it back on topic
Let's not scare off the yummy sounding jerky maker in their first post.

I know it was me. :D

Jerky man, you are back on track.

Package just arrived! I feel like a kid on Christmas! Super fast shipping, legit packaging, and most importantly, LEGIT beef jerky! 

I'm a total jerky snob, and the 2 I've tried so far (Sriracha Teriyaki & MOJO, lime cilantro & garlic) are both fantastic. It's the perfect consistency - meaty and tender, but not a "wet" jerky where all you pay for is water and whatever else those huge companies saturate their jerky with. 

I highly recommend this product - awesome value, awesome flavors and just all-around awesome. Going to post this feedback in the Vendor Feedback forum as well. 

The Hot Pepper said:
I like the all-natural approach. By the sub-ingredients, seems with the Sriracha you even opted for a non-Huy Fong brand to keep it all natural. :)

Savage Jerky Co. said:

Good catch. We've gone through pretty extensive lengths to keep things all-natural and even gluten free where we can (using a gluten free soy sauce, making our own teriyaki, etc.). 
Maybe I'm not looking at the correct page, but all the pictures show Hoy Fong and I don't see ingredients other than a general description.  I really like to see the ingredients.  After these posts, I was trying to figure out of it was Hoy Fong sauce or another sauce.  Couldn't tell from the listings. I would strongly encourage you to list the ingredients. 

Looking forward to trying the goods!

The subs are listed, that's how I knew. ;)

order completed!

Boss must have access to a different website than I do.  I can't find no ingredients lists... :mope:  

salsalady said:
order completed!

Boss must have access to a different website than I do.  I can't find no ingredients lists... :mope:  

Sorry for the confusion! There are ingredient listings on all the product pages, just click through the thumbnails to the label. We're working on making tabs on our product description pages (we're about to overhaul our website somewhat) to make this simpler. 

We decided to use the Huy Fong bottle in pictures for familiarity sake. People think Sriracha when they see it and sadly, most people don't even think to look at the sub-ingredients on that stuff to recognize that it's not the actual Sriracha sauce we're using. 

salsalady said:
order completed!

I really, really hope you got the bacon. Holy shitballs that shit's the shit. 

I'm just sayin. 

I killed the bag in one night. I ate 1/2, and the other 1/2 got chopped up and stirred into a roasted sweet potato dish with granny smith apples, baby yellow onions, garlic, black pepper, some Thai seasoned olive oil and a splash of chile oil. tossed it all in the oil and roasted for an hour at 400 - spectacular. :woohoo: 

Next time I order I'm just filling the cart with bacon until the website says I'm cut off. Shit's like crack!

Shoot. I don't think I ordered bacon jerky.

SAVAGE...if you haven't packed the box yet, I'd be ok with a substitute for one of e others. Or...I'll trade for something.

And I finally found the ingredients pics!!!

I'd caution against showing an ingredient in the photo that is not used in the product. I understand the thought of picturing something easily recognized, but the False Advertising thing can come back and bite you in the patootee. Hoy Fong could cause a fuss. Or, it looks like there are ingredients in the Sriracha sauce used that are not in Hoy Fong. Someone could order thinking it's Hoy Fong and then get in trouble from the other ingredients.

Just trying to save you some possible headaches. Looking forward to the jerky!

Back