• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Is it "ok" to admit you like

El Yucateco occasionally (considering the cost). That the red isnt too bad for a mild red and the Caribbean is strangely addictive in a sweet wing sauce or the smokey Black Label kinda grows on you even though it seems milder than the rest.

Would you admit to mixing the Black Label with some A1 steak sauce or PickaPepper?

I know i never would. :D

ShowMeDaSauce said:
El Yucateco occasionally (considering the cost). That the red isnt too bad for a mild red and the Caribbean is strangely addictive in a sweet wing sauce or the smokey Black Label kinda grows on you even though it seems milder than the rest.

Would you admit to mixing the Black Label with some A1 steak sauce or PickaPepper?

I know i never would. :D

Most here are not hot sauce snobs, I would say. Some drink Bud, some like Taco Bell hot sauce. The sauce you mention tho, doesn't even really fit that. Why do you consider it so lowly, because it sells in Wal-Mart? It's a legit Mex sauce.

Everyone has a different palate, eat what you like, have no shame in it. who cares if someone else doesnt like it, Hell when I make Hash and Eggs, I scramble everything and put a healthy dose of daves insanity in it, ITS DELICIOUS.. and people say it looks and smells like dog food... I like it LOL Just throwing it out there.

Well if i was going to admit to trying the Black Label and the Caribbean side by side with some roast chicken (just now :D ) i would have to say the Caribbean went better with the chicken.

BUT, if i were to admit trying it the other day on a brat with kraut i would say the Black label was far far tastier. :D

I had Black Label a few years ago and it tasted like acrid char bits. Maybe I got a bad bottle but it tasted like charcoal hab water.

It will certainly make a non grilled food taste like you licked the grill :D

I dont see charcoal listed as an ingredient which is surprising.

I cant get over how sweet the Caribbean is for having no sugar listed. They must have cooked the carrot down alot to bring out that much sweetness. Over cook a carrot in a pressure cooker sometime, It will come out almost like a sweet tater.

I love the kutbil-ik Xxxtra Hot one, which has no (or at least a lot less) food colouring. It's supposed to be based on an ancient Mayan recipe. It's delicious.

I don't mind the others, particularly the jalapeno one, but I don't like the colouring. But, not even close to the kutbil-ik for me.

El Yucateco

I have the red one ( original I think?) and its flavorful,good amount of heat and this stuff cant mold for sure.

Its dirt cheap as a bonus.

I have the bottle for 5 years and this stuff is still good lol

We are lucky to pack this thing in walmart because 10 years ago we had to go to Mexico  to get some :) I would bring 5 x 3 packs as a kid when going to Mexico.

Don't get me wrong, this sauce is good but not on the level of all the natural hot sauce we can buy now with better flavor profile)

Pretty hard to beat for the price and the heat level is low enough that many people can enjoy it. Now, with that being said, making a mild orange had sauce is simple and cheap. My orange hab plant from last year produced tons of peppers. Easily enough to make a case or two of sauce. I think i gave 50 cents for that plant in a 4 pack. Around 15-20 peppers made a quart of sauce with a similar heat level.

The thing i like most is its available nearly anywhere i shop and its less than half the price of some hab sauces.

The thing i dont like is its loaded with sodium and preservatives. Over 100mg in a tsp is really high if you are watching your salt intake.

All of their sauces are good tasty greatness. If you like a sauce that is pretty damn hot but isn't stupid. Green and red are old faithful. I am totally going to try the black sauce mixed with A1!!!!!

The green gives a nice zip to a salsa verde if you made it a little too mild. The Black mixed with A1 kinda reminds me of jerk seasoning. Try dipping Jamaican beef patties in it

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Pretty hard to beat for the price and the heat level is low enough that many people can enjoy it. Now, with that being said, making a mild orange had sauce is simple and cheap. My orange hab plant from last year produced tons of peppers. Easily enough to make a case or two of sauce. I think i gave 50 cents for that plant in a 4 pack. Around 15-20 peppers made a quart of sauce with a similar heat level.

The thing i like most is its available nearly anywhere i shop and its less than half the price of some hab sauces.

The thing i dont like is its loaded with sodium and preservatives. Over 100mg in a tsp is really high if you are watching your salt intake.

The advantage is you can leave it on the shelve opened and it wont mold for 5 years hahaa

Hey, I have a thing for the lesser known Tabasco flavours, I won't judge you.
If you've never tried anything else then that feels a little sad but if you know what's out there, appreciate the differences and still like a mainstream supermarket sauce, there's nothing wrong with that.

For me, green Tabasco has a pure, aged Green Jalapeño taste that I just don't see elsewhere, while the combination of smokey and sweet fruit in their Raspberry Chipotle is rare but does occassionally show up in things like Hot Plot Chilli Co's TNT. I tend not to go for mainstream sauces that don't do something unique but, if they do what you like then you get a sauce you like at a fraction of the cost and there's noreason to feel ashamed about that.

spicefreak said:
Hey, I have a thing for the lesser known Tabasco flavours, I won't judge you......while the combination of smokey and sweet fruit in their Raspberry Chipotle is rare but does occassionally show up
Tabasco has a Raspberry Chipotle? Interesting. I've never even heard of that or seen it. I actually really like their original chipotle. Connecticut truly sucks for anything pepper related, hahaha. Can't find shit for sauce here (except one shop that I know of), no "decent" nurseries. ONE TIME I found a nursery in CT that had a few Bhut plants. Other than that, good luck finding anything hotter (or more "exotic") than a Habanero.

My point being, it sucks to have to pay for shipping all the time on cool stuff. I'm truly jealous of (and happy for!) the people I see posting stuff like, "So, I grabbed a few Scorpions and Fataliis (or whatever) from the nursery down the street..."

Like the taxes here aren't enough to make you hate this place.
Sorry for the rant ;)

MikeUSMC said:
Tabasco has a Raspberry Chipotle? Interesting. I've never even heard of that or seen it. I actually really like their original chipotle.
Their original Chipotle doesn't quite do it for me, personally, but my dad loves the stuff. Raspberry Chipotle is basically just it bulked out (with extra chilli to keep the same heat) and put into a double size bottle with raspberry, pomegranate and blueberry concentrates. I've only ever seen it in germany, hence why it hasn't made my blog, but it's damn good.

I find it interesting that lemon drop peppers are virtually non existent in anything in the North America but ive seen them show up occasionally in UK or EU products.

Back