• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is my bhut going dormant?

This is my poor white bhut jolokia. This is my second season trying to grow a bhut, as last year was a failure. I'm starting some more bhut seeds tomorrow, but it's already the end of March and I should have transplants ready by now. I live in zone 7, so can I expect some fruit? I fear it's too late :(

This plant was in the worst soil possible, had a bunch of wood chips in it, barely any vermiculite, and no ferts whatsoever. I'm a new gardener and fertilized this guy with some Osmocote, but used very very little. It's been growing under a T5 light, and all my other plants have been bouncing back except this one. It's starting to grow a few tiny leaves but it's been like this for a week. Is it dying or going dormant?

How warm is the grow area? When I lived in MD I planted out around Mother's Day....I have stuff I just started today from seed and I hope to claim fruit from the plants :)

It does look stunted for sure

Not dying but stunted for sure. Do you see any roots at the drain holes on the bottom? If so you can transplant up to bigger pot. I've had plants that looked like that for a long time and then suddenly just take off without any changes in the fert/watering regimen. Peppers are funny like that.

How warm is the grow area? When I lived in MD I planted out around Mother's Day....I have stuff I just started today from seed and I hope to claim fruit from the plants :)

It does look stunted for sure

How hot of peppers did you put out?? I hear that the superhots take wayyyyy longer to produce than normal Anuums

Back