vendor Is pepperjoes.com a good website to get seeds

Some say yes and others say hell no. Personally I've never used pepperjoe as I've heard bad things and I'd rather not risk it when there are so many other amazing vendors. Again I have never used him so I can't say good or bad. This is his review in the vendor vault from other THP members who have used him http://thehotpepper.com/topic/25857-pepper-joe/?hl=pepperjoes.  You can also find the reviews of other seed vendors there as well

I've ordered seeds from him before and it's not like he a terrible vendor or anything. There are just better people out there. I'd suggest you look into other vendors before buying from Joe. He charges a lot more for seed then some people.

NO!
Not that he's strictly a bad person, just that stuff isn't very well isolated there. Someone from across town that I know bought stuff from him, he got some of it true, some of it not, and some stuff I hadn't seen before, like an orange bhut and a very oddly shaped bhut. Interesting pods, but not what he ordered.

a friend of mine ordered from there this year.. lets just say out of the 5 types of seeds he ordered only one of them was actually what he ordered..  i would not recommend ordering from them

I've never ordered from PepperJoe. I've been researching hot peppers and vendors for 5 months. I'd say the posts about him run 5 negative for every positive review. Replacement seed will be offered, but what are the chances it is the right one, when the last ones weren't? Are you willing to risk another growing season?

Mistakes can happen to anyone, but they seem to happen frequently with him. I heard of few if any mistakes from the vendors that people here highly recommend.

Your mileage my vary. You throw the dice and take your chances. I've chosen to put my money elsewhere.

I ordered seeds about a year and a half ago. Even though I sowed like 100+ seeds I had major issues with fungus gnats and only about 10 plants made it to maturity. Of those, more than half were not what they were stated to be. Fortunately one that was true was a reaper, but I didn't even get the full quantity of seeds I paid for, and at that time they were more expensive. Personally, I wouldn't order from there again -- too risky.

Just to give you a newbie's view...

I have never grown peppers before, or much of anything, from seed. I bought the volcano pack because I thought it might be fun to grow some seriously hot peppers. I found pepper joe's on a net search. I got the seeds and followed their instructions. I had 8 of ten types come up for me. The ones that didn't, they replaced the seeds. I am still picking hot peppers and having fun sharing with my friends and co-workers, especially the ones that say they like real hot stuff

I enjoyed the experience so much, I made an additional order for next years seeds of only the 2 or 3 types I like the best.

To summarize, good service, good support fair price. I don't think you can ask for more than that!

FredD

Orekoc said:
I've never ordered from PepperJoe. I've been researching hot peppers and vendors for 5 months. I'd say the posts about him run 5 negative for every positive review. Replacement seed will be offered, but what are the chances it is the right one, when the last ones weren't? Are you willing to risk another growing season?

Mistakes can happen to anyone, but they seem to happen frequently with him. I heard of few if any mistakes from the vendors that people here highly recommend.

Your mileage my vary. You throw the dice and take your chances. I've chosen to put my money elsewhere.

^This.

I worked for a seed vendor once. He wasen't a terrible person to visit the peelers with. Otherwise, I believe he tutored PJ on how to sell seeds. No matter what you ordered, it was a gamble. You got what was there that day, and usually it was some crazy 20 week flower African hemp strain that never stopped growing.

But he always sent you more beans if you wanted to keep playing roulette.

Still trying to repay that moral debt :party:

Growing others seed is an investment of your time and resources, who choose Ponzi Inc.?

RedFred said:
Just to give you a newbie's view...

I have never grown peppers before, or much of anything, from seed. I bought the volcano pack because I thought it might be fun to grow some seriously hot peppers. I found pepper joe's on a net search. I got the seeds and followed their instructions. I had 8 of ten types come up for me. The ones that didn't, they replaced the seeds. I am still picking hot peppers and having fun sharing with my friends and co-workers, especially the ones that say they like real hot stuff

I enjoyed the experience so much, I made an additional order for next years seeds of only the 2 or 3 types I like the best.

To summarize, good service, good support fair price. I don't think you can ask for more than that!

FredD

If you got pods out of the box you ordered last year and found some you liked -- why are you reordering instead of keeping seeds from a pod from the plants you liked ?? :doh:

No,youll have better luck with strains off eBay
This is an awesome site with plenty of generous people,there should be no issue finding all the seed you need
for a very diverse grow.
The seeds you get from members here will grow true if you can grow them out
As mentioned,Pepperlover is a solid choice for both pods and seeds
The "box" deals they offer are hard to beat,fresh pods allow you to start your seed bank and enjoy fresh pods

Shoot me a PM with your mailing address and Ill get you started with some free seed,I still have a good bit of PL strain brown moruga and yellow primo
Ive sent out 22 freebies this year so Im getting short on most everything,Ill get you hooked the rest is up to you

Back