• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is repotting after fruit set too stressful

I have some Habs that have nice looking green pods on them and I'm just waiting for the colour to turn, but they are in small pots. I'm sure the size of the plants and the number or pods has been limited by the small pots and I want to put them in bigger ones. If I do this now will the stress cause the plants to drop all their fruit, or adversely affect the maturing of the pods? Should I just do it and not worry or wait until this lot of chilies ripen and then repot. I think the season has enough time in it for the plants to first grow bigger and then provide another harvest.

Potting up shouldn't be a problem at all, I continously pot up all season long. Just try not to disturb the roots too much or it may cause transplant shock

I transplanted an anaheim out of a 4 inch pot with a 2 inch fruit on it (saw it at a farm market, it needed to be saved :) ) into a 2 gallon pot and it went on to finish growth at 7 inches, so it seemed to be ok for me, I even tore the roots a little bit because they had grown out the bottom of the 4 inch pot.

YES IM WITH
POTAWIE TRY NOT TO DISTURB THE ROOTS

JUST USE CONSIDERABLE CARE WHEN RE-POTTING

THANKS JOE

Back