• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this a bacterial problem?

Found the leaves of one of my over winters like this today.

s00YdY3.jpg

Bacterial leaf spot perhaps?

That was my first thought. Though the characteristics don't add up. There is no yellow halo and both the top and bottom are depressed.

That really looks like bacterial leaf spot. Sometimes there are just black spots without the yellow halo. It's probably a mild case or just getting started. Has the humidity been high recently? Sometimes very high humidity will cause it. Do not mist the leaves, water from the bottom, careful not to splash soil on the lower leaves. Remove any affected leaves. It is a soil-bourne disease so you probably want to spray the plant with some type of treatment for awhile, but I don't know what to recommend there. Probably something with copper?

I watered from the bottom recently, and is been sitting inside a grow tent so humidity could very well have been the issue
Luckily it was only the top leaves, and I have cut those off so we'll see what happens.

Hmm seems the problem continues, albeit a bit less since I started using h202 spray. Can't wait to take this out side!

Funny thing is humidity usually isn't an issue during the winter here.

Back