• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

is this a disease?

Hey there,
I'm a new comer to this whole game and have started some different chili's and such in hydroponics outside, in a greenhouse. I've found that all of my chilis (bell pepper, jalapeno, tabasco, cherry peppers) all have many brown spots on their leaves. I also have some okra in the tank and some basil, both of which also have SOME of the same looking brown spots...

Here's a photo! :)

Any idea what it is or what I can do to help it?

photo.jpg

at first i thought sunburn...but changed my mind...not sure. Lots of smart people in here though so I am sure you'll have your answer very soon :)

Thanks! I thought it was something like that too, since before those spots developed I had them inside under CFL's. Though they aren't in direct sunlight because of the greenhouse... hopefully someone more intelligent about these things will read this post soon :)

Thanks! I thought it was something like that too, since before those spots developed I had them inside under CFL's. Though they aren't in direct sunlight because of the greenhouse... hopefully someone more intelligent about these things will read this post soon :)

Yea you can still get sunburn in the greenhouse. Its happened to me :)
Only reason im doubting sunburn is because of its pattern and the way it is spread out. I have never seen sunburn in that fashion. Not saying it isn't burn...but highly likely its something else.

it looks like fungus.. powdery mildew ? rust ? baterial spots(but there is no yellowing ) ? hmmm
i notice you got some small white insects on your leave and also i notice something under your leaf! white fly cotton like substance ? ?? it might be insect damage? does is occur only on top surface or the spots are thru the leaf ? seen both sides?

ISOLATE THE PLANT! and observe

:welcome: to the THP. :)

i notice you got some small white insects on your leave and also i notice something under your leaf! white fly cotton like substance ? ?? it might be insect damage? does is occur only on top surface or the spots are thru the leaf ? seen both sides?

ISOLATE THE PLANT! and observe

:welcome: to the THP. :)

mmm, I was thinking spider mite. :/

mmm, I was thinking spider mite. :/

I had white flies on some of the other plants, but they're dead now... I used some 'organic-safe' insecticide. The brown spots are just on the top of the leaf. From the bottom you can only see them if you hold it to the light, and its just where the leaf was less-transparent.

Back