• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Is this a Good Bug or Bad Bug

I found this on my Chocolate Habanero. This is the first bug I hae seen on my plants other than files/bees/wasps and a wierd termite colony. Is it a good bug or bad bug? Thanks,

sideview.jpg

GoodBadBug2.jpg

GoodBadBug.jpg

I believe it is a good bug, It looks almost the same as the bugs around here called "CogWheel Bugs", except other colors, ours are gray and black.

But they eat other bugs with a needle like beak.

Dont Pick them up as they may bite you and its a pretty bad stinging feeling as there beak has an enzyme in it that liquidates the insides of bugs.

Yes its good. wheel bug or Assassin bug nymph. Adults look a bit different. My garden is loaded with these this year but I never noticed them other years.

Mike

Great News! Thanks everbody... I don't want to have to go buy NEEM unless I absolutely have to. I take it NEEM would kill this bug? I remember reading somewhere that like 90% or some really high percentage of bugs on plants are good. Glad I did not smush him between my fingers.

Ladybugs are the Kirk Douglas of bugs.... this is the Clint Eastwood of bugs, we don't get them around here but if I did I bet there would be no bug shenanigans around here!

I moved his plant to the center of a circle of eight others. I hope he jumps from plant to plant and goes Conan on every thing he encounters. If he back talks me for working him too hard.... the 100 degree weather and a magnifying glass will get him in line quick.

I moved his plant to the center of a circle of eight others. I hope he jumps from plant to plant and goes Conan on every thing he encounters. If he back talks me for working him too hard.... the 100 degree weather and a magnifying glass will get him in line quick.

:rofl: Little kid sadism showing through. Love it!

Back