• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Is this a problem?

So I was just out in the garden side dressing my plants with lime when I saw a face staring back at me.

QLVnP0X.jpg

This little frog has dug a hole and is living in the roots of my Reaper. Should I leave him there or shoo him away? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Adam

You should be happy he's there man, google toads in the garden and you'll see tons of pages just about attracting them. They'll eat any pests, and hey, think of the digging as root aeration.  :rofl:  

Thank you for the responses! I knew frogs and toads were beneficial to the garden, I just didn't know if it was ok for them to be chillin in the roots. Lol. I guess I have a new garden friend. :) Good point about the root aeration, peppamang! Thanks again!

-Adam

moruga welder said:
he's a welcome sight  !      :onfire:
Thanks! That's very good to know because I just found another one in the roots of one of my tomatoes.

HVdN6oq.jpg

The one in the Reaper is still there, so this is a different one. It's been so hot and humid here that they've probably picked the coolest spot to hang out. I sure hope they eat stink bugs. Those are everywhere.

-Adam

Back