Is this a second sprout?

I found this weird second growth on one of my Superchile seedlings.  Is this a second sprout from something that I may have dropped in the soil, or is it part of the original plant?

I pulled the plant out of the soil but since the small root system covered both stems, I was unable to tell if they were separate plants.  I did however manage to get the little guy out with some roots and transplant it, so we'll if it grows.

Yep, that looks like a second seedling to me. Perhaps you inadvertently dropped two 2 seeds in the dirt instead of just one? That would be my guess.

BlackFatalii said:
Yep, that looks like a second seedling to me. Perhaps you inadvertently dropped two 2 seeds in the dirt instead of just one? That would be my guess.

It is possible that one of the seedlings isn't a Superchile l because may have had a different kind of seed stuck in my hand somewhere, and I have no idea whether the big seedling is the intended Superchile, or the mystery seed.  I don't care that much—I enjoy a good mystery. :)

I had this happen this year, 2 plants from one seed... helmet removal failure, scrapped 'em both.

KS2lSUth.jpg

Back